Chapter 10

Jade's P.O.V

After our little scene downstairs I quickly went upstairs away from James, so I could be alone for a while. Especially because even though I know he wasn't meaning to, he sounded a lot like my parents, when they would do certain things.

I walked over towards the balcony in the room I was sleeping in, I was watching the sun move across the horizon, enjoying the beautiful view of all the land as well as a distant lake and the trees, tall, and short alike, it's all just so, so beautiful. I know... I should be enjoying this beautiful scenery... but I can't stop thinking of my and James's little incident earlier... he... frightened me... As those thoughts went through my head, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist and a chin rest on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," he whispers in my ear. Instead of answering, I just nod my head once, take his hands off of me, and walk away from him. 

As I walked away, I started thinking about my life before I met him. I had my friends, sure I had a horrible family, but they weren't really my family. Gen's family were more of a family to me than my own. I don't understand why ever since I met James he has just been a huge part of my life, and now even though he can be frightening. I...I feel safe with him. I feel like he cares, for the first time, I feel like I have someone who would do anything for me. And if I'm being honest with myself, the fact that I can't live without him scares me. But I am still a little scared of him at the moment, maybe I should just tell him I need some space for a while.

"James," I ask him.

"Yes, Prinkípissa," 

"I...I...I think it'd be best if we had a little...s...sp..space..f..for awhile," I say, hoping he won't lash out at me again. As I watched his expression, he had multiple expressions at once. First, it was anger... then sadness... then anger again... then understanding... the words that came out of his mouth next shocked me.

"Jade..." He takes a few minutes, breathing in and out. "I will respect your wishes to have space from each other... just know... I will keep fighting for both of us to fix this relationship... I will work on my anger issues... and when you decide to come back... I will be a better man..." He says, he takes one of my hands and kisses my knuckle before letting it go and looking at the floor... As I watch him in surprisement, I see a teardrop from his eye and drop to the ground. "Just know... Jade... my love for you will never end," he says before walking to the door... but before closing the door he whispered: "I'll have my driver drive you to your chosen destination... you'll leave first thing in the morning," he says before closing the door.

I was so shocked by his response, I mean I didn't want to go away, I like being around him, I just thought we could have a little space but I guess it's true what they say, beggars can't be choosers. I guess I got what I wanted, even though he'll probably never forgive me for it.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey people author here, please thank SashaNichol, she helped me a lot with this chapter she wrote a lot of it. So read her books, as well as Silvia_Belle thanks and bye.

Signed the Author.

Sarah G