We'll make a summoner out of you yet part 2! CH9

In week 3, Cassia found herself after the previous week, discussing with her friends who would become her biggest supporters.

She took a deep breath a she made her way to Magnus's Chambers. She knocked on the door and he opened it smiling.

"It looks like you've been in trouble a lot here. Can I help?" He said too enthusiastically. Cassia narrowed her eyes at him briefly.

"How does someone this enigmatic become headmaster of a magic school?" She asked him. Magnus just gave her a wink.

"You know the key is to be a wild person who is incredibly unpredictable and put your students lives in immediate danger because that is the price of magic. Be it mental or physical and sometimes both. But I care deeply about my students, I may not know them all so deeply and personally but I want to see them succeed, that's why the school board allows someone as wild as me to run this place with my out of the box ideas." Magnus smiled a genuine one making her feel at ease.

"That makes sense." She said slowly. "What's the part of lives in danger?!"  Her jaw dropped slightly. Magnus grinned.

"You sign the waiver while signing up."  He took a short breath"So?"

"Ah, I want to change to support magic, as I'm not doing so well as a summoner...I know it's my dream but so far all I have managed to summon is a sprite."

"You have a powerful bond with your sprite yes?"

"Yes..."

"Your teacher has spoken with me about how powerful your sprite is and yet you don't have a familiar." He probed gently. Cassia hung her head a little and it bothered her.

"Apparently according to Queen Etheria, one hasn't come forward to work with me yet." She sighed. "Does that mean I won't get one and I won't get to continue in this class?"

"If a Familiar hasn't come through yet... They aren't always instant. Sometimes if an extra special one is coming through it may take weeks. Most Familiars/Companions are actually a part of you but sometimes they are independent powerful beings that  form contracts with the caster." He explained.

He summoned his own familiar. A dark blue raven appeared.

"Meet Oni, He is a demon who prefers to masquerade as a Raven..." The raven appeared on Magnus's shoulder, perched there and rapped his beak against his master's cheek. He cawed his arrival.

"Good afternoon miss Cassia."

She was deeply startled by the humanoid voice that came out of the raven. The raven was not amused, he got this response a lot.

"Afternoon Oni. How can you speak?"

"I have vocal cords and while some birds can mimic human speech. I'm not just a bird. Would you like to see my true form?"  He asked humorously.

"Why not ?"