The Truth is Revealed Part 3- finale - CH 12

(Are you going to see an intense training montage, no. Are you going to learn about what the students learn in class? It will be brief and advanced magic is great for long hour lectures... Who wants to see students in classes. This isn't Hogwarts... Also, don't get too used to seeing Cassia in class. The poor young woman doesn't get to be in class much. /Savour this !)

Cassia was standing at her forge and anvil, learning about forging a new sword.  Today the class was teaching them how to forge new swords.

Cassia was surprised to learn that they made their weapons.

"So today class, you are going to learn a coveted skill at this school, how to make your magic weapons." Edwina the blacksmith, was leading the class. 

An eccentric woman with perma - safety goggles

An eccentric woman with perma - safety goggles. She liked to work with her white fire.

"To make magic weapons you can't just use regular fire, otherwise your kiln and materials won't hold magic. Magic items must be formed and created with magic. Energy is never destroyed and only transformed"

She opened her kiln and summoned a white flame. 

"Draw energy from the sun for your fire. It burns the hottest and is perfect to melt any material. Alternatively, though breeds less powerful weapons lava is also an option. We have lava potions in the storeroom if Sunfire isn't an option." Edwina smiled.

"Now you pick a mould for what particular sword you want." She got a longsword mould and demonstrated it for the class. "Now we melt the material holding it in special gloves with the tongs... and Collect the melted metal into a melting pot. Once cooked at extreme temperature every magical item breaks down. Once one of my students made an entire longsword from a dead minotaur he killed in an assessment. He was able to hypnotise the species as a byproduct. minotaur bones require 6000-degree heat so use a sun flare potion. "

Edwina waited a little while and waited for the metal to cool a little so it wouldn't burn the tongs.

Edwina showed the liquid to the class and put the 'metal ' in the mould. The magical gem flowed into the swords as she poured it...

"Now we cover it with the second casing and leave it to cool. Any questions?"

"Whats the anvil for?" Cassia asked. Her teacher looked fascinated.

"The Anvil comes in handy later. So after the sword cools, we then reheat it and add more materials to strengthen it. Once we have buried it in the sand then we hammer it into more shape with the anvil testing the strength. " She demonstrated this and began working the sword as the class watched in awe. "Once that's done we need to grind the sword." Edwina to everyone surprise whipped out a belt sander...

"Yes, dear students we have moved with the times, crafting a sword takes mere hours. No longer days. But it doesn't mean anyone can craft the best sword. The best swords are the ones that can last the magician the lifetime, or the ordinary soldier. This demo sword is made out of a common gem and is great for a beginner. " She paused to pick up a masterpiece of hers she made last year, she held up a sword that swirled like the night sky... The classes jaw dropped.