The Truth is revealed Part 2 - CH 11

Magnus called Cassia over.

"Cassia, we are going to accelerate your training and need to conduct the assessment. We need to test your abilities  since...

"I got rescued by an 8-foot-tall wolf." She finished his sentence for him. She had a tiny smile.

"Yes, Queen, yes!"

"What kind of assessment?"

"Oh, that's a surprise. Keep Nathaniel out permanently. Its the only requirement."

"Please don't make me put up with his presence that long."

"Oh, you find him annoying, do you?"

"He likes to talk incessantly. I like my peace and quiet sometimes. But he's truly irritating when he watches me with other men. Look." Nathaniel was growling loudly and looked like he was going to rip Magnus's head off.

"Faen !" He exclaimed in his language and threw down a smoke bomb.

"Nathaniel, you piece of shit! Don't scare away my headmaster." She shouted. The wolf's ears wilted as he realised his beloved was angry at him. He had never been on the receiving end of her anger; he didn't know she could get angry.

She took a running leap and tackled him to the floor, winding him in his ribcage. He panted for breath and just laid there.

"Stop getting jealous when I talk to other men; you are my family, not my boyfriend, and don't you ever rest!" She exclaimed, finally bursting. The wolf merely stayed on the ground, keening slightly but listening. She sighed. She got off him, sliding down his soft blonde pelt.

She rubbed her hand on his head, making him purr and soothing him.

"I'm sorry, mistress."

"You are just saying sorry to placate me."

"Could I be your boyfriend one day?" He asked. She looked at him, baffled. Sure, interspecies happened on occasion, but that was mostly between other compatible humanoids for example. Pure bestiality, on the other hand, was still taboo but plain wrong. It happened but non-consensual for humans mostly. The sentient animals were always almost punished by death...

"No. Downright illegal." She said.

She opened a  portal to her class and sat down to listen.

*

Nathaniel returned briefly to heaven to consult with Zarachiel for advice. His boss was sometimes like a father to him, more so than his own father.

"My lord?"

"Yes, Nathaniel." The king sounded bored.

"My beloved Cassia ... I made her angry. What did I do wrong?" He asked. Playing with his fingers, head down. Zarachiel pinched his brow, taking his thumb and forefinger and pinching his nose.

"This is why none of us sees you as a worthy adult yet. A talking wolf doesn't just meet a human and fall in love, even on this planet. No, it's wrong and truly taboo and gross. But the test of true love means that she would have to fall in love with your personality. We wanted to see if she would fall for you as a mature person. If she can fall for you or, better yet, rise up in love with you, then it is true love. You can't force it." He said he was speaking softer. Nathaniel's eyes shone with a childlike hope that made Zarachiel shed a small tear.

"Is being jealous of other men bad?"

"Misplaced is a different story, young angel, to reasonable jealousy." He replied cryptically. "Now go back and do your job!"