Before You Read

Hey, everyone! As per usual, we wanted to pop in and give some disclaimers about Tear In My Heart! There's some pretty important stuff in here, so we highly recommend looking over this list if you're considering reading!

> This is a collaboration with @joshandtylerlanegirl and I highly recommend giving her a follow! Her stuff is great :)

> Like with most fics, the timeline in this series is a little bit wonky (aka, not perfectly matched up with real life events). We tried to stay as accurate as possible to what really happened, but there are, of course, a few minor differences.

> Along with the last point, the color of Josh's hair might not accurately match real life. This series spans many years and trying to pinpoint his exact hair color at any given time was, as you might expect, incredibly difficult.

>The reader in this series uses she/her pronouns.

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER. EVEN IF YOU SKIP OVER THE REST, PLEASE READ THIS ONE. The reader's boyfriend in this series, Beau, is a very toxic character who displays unhealthy behaviors in his relationship. There are instances of emotional manipulation as well as brief implications of physical abuse. All of these warnings will be clearly marked on a chapter by chapter basis, but we also wanted to give a general warning. If this is a sensitive topic for you, we recommend skipping over any chapters where he is heavily involved.

> We wrote this series by switching off after various sections, as opposed to writing entire chapters. This means there may be random switches in writing style in the middle of a chapter, which is totally normal!

> And finally, this is the first collaboration for both of us, so please excuse any mishaps or bumps as we start posting! We're doing our best to make sure everything goes smoothly, but we can't always be prepared for everything!

Ok, I think that's everything we had to cover! This was a labor of love between two writers that absolutely adore Twenty One Pilots. It started with an idea and then blossomed into this fanfiction filled with ups and downs, and we hope that all of you will absolutely love it.