Lunch

I finished booking the meeting for Ms Venable then text Jessica to ask where to meet me at lunch. I walked to the canteen and saw her sat down at a table I went over to her and sat down next to her. "Hey How has it been?" She asked "yeah better than I thought." I said smiling as the thought as Venable crosses my mind. "Really even though your working for the purple bitch." Jessica said and I frowned "you mean Ms Venable.?" I asked and she sighed "of course I do." She replied "how is she a bitch she's really nice and attractive." I said and Jessica's eyes widened "Are you kidding?" She asked and I shook my head. "Anyway there is a work drinks party later tonight and I wanted you to come." She said it took me a while to think about it but soon said yes. "Brilliant! I'll pick you up at 7:30pm." She said. I then heard a few stomps on the ground again and I only thought it was Venable. I smiled slightly to myself but Jessica caught me "really (y/n) your already smiling over the sound of her stick." She whispered and I rolled my eyes.
We had another conversation about the party and Jessica introduced me to some other people.
I was back at my desk finishing organising my desk when the door to Venable's door slam and the man that went in about 10 minutes ago came rushing out looking angry for some reason.

Venable's POV:

I just came back from the cafeteria and sat down at my desk as my door opens vigorously and I see a customer that I helped in my old job. "You bitch!" He yelled and slapped me across the face causing me to wince and hold my cheek. "What do you have to say?" I asked him "You think it's okay to leave the job knowing that in months it's all going to fail and make us all loose our jobs and have no money to support our families!" He shouted I stood up and walked around to him "the company was going to fail anyway I was just helping it." I said "no you were behind this and I know it. You just wanted to feel powerful and like your just like the rest of us. But your not and you will never be. Your just a freak!" He shouted and kicked my cane out of sight causing me to fall to the ground. He then stormed out. I sobbed on the floor in pain and realisation of what just happened.  Minutes later I heard a knock on the door.