Guilty or Not

*Two weeks later*

The day was Friday a day I will never forget as it was the day that I found out whether or not Max would go to jail. I gave my side of the story and so did he which was lies as he said that I was hitting on him. Mina then had to answer a dew questions as she was a witness. She told what really happened but instead of saying that it was a kiss she said that I needed to use the toilet and didn't want to go alone. We went in the waiting area whilst the judges decided on the verdict. I was sat next to Mina and had Mel next to me. My parents were here but I didn't really talk to my mother only said Hi but I wasn't that bothered. Jessica was also there for moral support which meant she probably sussed that me and Wilhelmina are close but I don't think that Mina cares that much. A woman came out and told us to come in. "Good luck." Mom said "I'm not the one that needs luck but thanks." I said anad started walking towards where we were going. Even though I was breaking down inside I wanted to act strong and not weak. We walked into the court room and I Sat next to Mel and Mina again. Max came into the room and looked back at me. Then looked to the judge. I could feel my hands shaking so I put them in between my thighs the judge asked the main person of the jury to stand up. Which he did. "1 Max Watts raped
Y/f/N Y/l/N under the influence of alcohol. Guilty or Not guilty?" The judge asked "Guilty." He responded I looked up. The judge said and continued "2 Mr Watts kidnap and abused Y/f/n Y/l/n. Guilty or Not guilty?" He asked "Guilty." The man said and J let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in. I felt Mel wrap her arms around me and squeezed me. "No that's not true! This is a set up!" Max yelled at the judge. "Mr Watts I am charging you with 10 years in prison. Take him down." The judge ordered. "No she's lying! I didn't do anything!" He yelled and I watched them drag him out of the place he was stood in. We started to go walk out of the courtroom and to outside the building. Where I breathed in the fresh air. I see someone who was in the court come over to us. "Can we help you?" Jess asks. But she doesn't answer, she slaps me and I staid my hand to my cheek "hey what the hell was that for?!" Mel shouts standing front of me whist Mina looks at me cheek. "She ruined my sons life! He would never do that." She yelled "Why would I Lie about something like that?!" I argued back "I Don't know you tell me." She said "I didn't lie your son is a rapist and deserves to be locked up." I shouted and felt another slap across my face "oh sorry I forgot to take my ring off." She said then walked off. "Jeez." Mel said and Mina turned my face to face hers and looked at my now bleeding cheek "it's not that bad." She said "Um I'm getting tired so if you don't mind I'm going to go home." My mum said and I sighed. I couldn't be bothered with her at this moment "yeah ok." I said and her and dad walked off. "Where do you want to go?" Jess asked and I shrugged "I don't know." I said and Mina wrapped her arm around me and I instantly felt safer. "How about we all come to mine?" She said and I nodded "you have a dog right?" Jess asked "yep and she's the cutest." I said.
When we arrived at Wilhelmina's Millie jumped up at me and barked. So I picked her up. "Wow she is cute what's her name?" Jessica asked "Millie." Mina replied. We went to sit in the lounge and Millie went over to Mel and Jessica. "So are you guys a thing now then?" Mel asked "not officially." I said.
We spent the an hour talking about anything and then they left. I snuggled up to Mina and she kissed my head. As I took in what happened today I didn't realise I was crying until a tear rolled down my nose. But I didn't really care so I let it out and silently cried and wiped away the tears "Y/n?" Mina said "yeah?" I asked knowing that my voice broke. "Oh baby don't cry." She said pulling me properly into her embrace. I wrapped my arms Around her and cried some more. "What's wrong?" She asked rubbing back. "I was just thinking about what happened today and it's a lot to process." I said pulling away from Mina but she pulled me back closer and my head was resting on my shoulder "Well I'm so proud of you." She said and i nodded "I don't think I could of done it if you were here." I said and she shook her head "I know you could have though." She said I looked at the time to see that it was 10pm "do you mind if I go to bed?" I asked and Mina nodded "yeah of course I'll be in there soon, once I tidy up." Mina said. I kiss her head and walked into her bedroom. I looked in her wardrobe and put on one of her tops on that was big on me. I got into bed and made myself comfy. Mina then came in. "I borrowed a top hope that's alright." I said as she walked to her wardrobe. "That's fine." She said picking out a top and some shorts. She went into the bathroom then came out and her hair was pulled up into a loose bun at the top of her hair and she was changed. She got into bed and wrapped her arms around me. "Goodnight honey." She "Goodnight Mina." I said and we fell asleep in each other's embrace.