65: Bolt Rings

"Will you marry me Kim Taehyung?"

Taehyung smile slightly falters to Jungkook's sudden statement, his hands still around his neck as he looks between the hexagonal object and Jungkook's soft eyes.

What?

Out of no where?

Wait, ha this is probably a prank.

He tries to play off his need to melt on the spot with a playful giggle.

He has to be joking right?

Right....

"Well aren't you the romantic lover boy huh? I was expecting a diamond ring," Taehyung teases, trying to fight the warmth off his chest.

He's only joking.

This isn't real.

Jungkook only pulls Taehyung's left hand from around his neck and takes his ring finger, "I will ask you once again, will you please marry me Kim Taehyung?"

The sincere way he says this only makes Taehyung's heart tug aggressively and unwanted tears began to whelm his eyes.

Play it off, it isn't real.

He's not being serious...

"No."

Jungkook's lips falls to a deep scowl, making Taehyung bubble up in cute giggles after seeing his reaction, but regardless Jungkook squeezes the metal down Taehyung's slender finger, "Well, too late, you're going to be my future husband. Now your engaged with me, period."

Why is he still doing this?

Okay, ha very funny.

You can stop playing now.

Taehyung ended up bursting out laughing but tears were escaping past his eyelids by now, "Y-You're such a dick."

This isn't real.

He isn't being serious.

Right?!?

Jungkook suddenly frowns upon seeing Taehyung's tears and he cups his cheeks, "W-What- Are you crying?"

H-He's being serious isn't he?

Taehyung ended up letting out a broken sob and takes one of the hardware nuts from the bundle beside them as well and uses the wipe to clean it before taking Jungkook's left ring finger, "Well, if I don't have a choice, so don't you," Taehyung sniffs, squeezing the hardware nut down Jungkook finger, allowing a tear to tap down the metal before looking up, "You're bound to me now. Whether you like it or not, okay?"

And he means it.

Yes, him and Jungkook are dysfunctional.

They're all types of fuck up, toxic, you name it - They've never had a domestic since they've met, nor a decent moment since their identities been exposed.

But that's just it - They went through those types of fuck ups together.

They had tender moments, believe it they had, and that's likely what they're clinging onto to not separate.

Moment where they'd help each other study over hours of the night.

Moments where Jungkook would make Taehyung breakfast while dressed up in his nerdy outfit.

Moments where they'd go out to places together like the museum or the park, discovering new things about each other underneath their disguise. 

Moments that weren't just sexual and filled with hate, but moments where life did for a moment feel normal.