i wasn't staring

Eddie and Richie slept like babies once Richie had fed them both

Eddie and Richie slept like babies once Richie had fed them both. They had eaten some waffles that Eddie stole from Richie's cabinet before brushing their teeth and going to bed.

Eddie refused Richie's offer of showering with him multiple times, getting angrier and redder each time.

Richie loved to tease Eddie. Sometimes he would lightly graze his hand across Eddie's thigh. Every time he did that, he'd hear a light gasp and feel a tiny slap across his shoulder. He'd chuckle and Eddie would blush. Boys weren't supposed to do that stuff with each other, were they?

When they awoke, they were grateful that the weekend wasn't far away. It was a considerably sunny Thursday and spring had sprung upon the citizens of Derry. The coats came off and the sunglasses came on.

Eddie still intended to listen to Richie's cassette tape, but he needed to make sure that Richie wasn't in the room. He kept the thought in the back of his mind, and shot out of bed to get changed.

He grabbed his signature red shorts and a yellow t-shirt and lightly brushed his shirt curls in his mirror.

"Mind if I watch?"

Eddie nearly screamed and turned around to see Richie awake, putting his glasses on.

"Fuck off, cretin."

"Okay, that was totally rude. I just wanna get a peek o' that cute lil' bod of yours."

"Gross." Eddie couldn't admit to Richie that he didn't think of his body as 'cute' or even 'decent'. His ribs could be seen slightly and his stomach was tiny. He didn't like being small. He took his clothes into the bathroom and started to get changed.

When Eddie emerged from the bathroom, he witnessed something unforgettable.

Richie was shirtless, reaching for a white shirt to put on.

He'd toned up over the years for sure. He was still lanky and tall, but gained a bit of muscle.

God, Eddie just wanted him to-

"Hey, Eds, why you starin'?"

Eddie's face went through pinks and reds, his eyes darting anywhere but at Richie.

"I wasn't staring."

"Weren't you?"

"Nope."

Richie smirked, pulling his shirt completely on, "if you wanna see more just say the word, Eds."

Richie was flirting with him. Eddie didn't realise it, but Richie had actually in fact been flirting with him since they'd first met. He literally bought him a ring pop. That's love, fellas.

Eddie rolled his eyes, "I've seen quite enough for today, Rich."

Richie laughed, "is your mom home?"

"She must be. We'd better head to school or we'll be late."

Eddie snuck his Walkman as well as the 'Edward Kaspbrak' cassette tape into his backpack as Richie got a bag of his own (even though all he took to school was a pen or two).

"You go out the window and I'll leave out the front door." Eddie said to Richie, opening his door.

Richie nodded and climbed out of the window.

Eddie's trip down the stairs caused a journey of thoughts in his mind. He thought about school and what the day would entail. He also thought about Richie, which caused him to think about the tape. He thought about Richie's parents and what would happen to them. He wondered what his friends were up to, and whether he considered Richie a friend or something more. His last thought on the stairs consisted of his mother and when she would finally lighten up and stop trying to ruin his life.

"Edward, I hope you haven't been eating."

'Oh, how horrible would that be?' Eddie thought to himself. "I haven't."

"Good. You'll be in good shape in no time."

Greta Bowie got to school earlier than usual with an intricate plan in mind. She was going to talk to the 'weird' girl, El Byers. She was going to put her tough face on and ask for her number. That bitch was going to be hers (if Eleven even understood what flirting was).

Greta spotted El and Will walking into the school together with bright smiles on their faces.

Greta's crush started when Eleven first came to the school a month prior. El was wearing an brown coat way too many sizes too big. She wondered if the coat perhaps belonged to her father or if she just liked oversized clothing.

Greta sucked in a deep breath and made her way over to the short brunette dressed like a 50 year old man.

"Hi, my name's Greta."