Chapter 7: Leaving

Desi stared at her phone with disbelief… It was that time… He was out of jail and he was going to bring her back into his life… Desi covered her mouth, starting to cry. She pondered what this meant… It meant no more crime… no more fighting… No more bloodshed… A normal life… Finally… No more Peter.
Peter walked into the room and looked at her, noticing her tears and the shocked look on her face. “What are you reading.” He demanded.
Desi looked at him, before putting her phone to sleep. “Peter… this might be our last night together.” She choked out.
“…What?” Peter asked, backing up, fearing what the reason would be… Was Desi dying? Was he going to die? … Was Desi leaving?
“I’m moving back to Miami.” Desi spoke slowly. Peter got his answer.
“WHY?!” Peter yelled suddenly, making Desi flinch and step back.
“BECAUSE YOU HURT ME!!! YOU VERBALLY ABUSE ME UNTIL I’M IN TEARS!!!” Desi screamed.
“I GAVE YOU A HOME!!! I GAVE YOU A FUCKING LIFE!!!! YOU’RE SO FUCKING UNGRATEFUL!!! YOU ARE WITH ME!!! YOU ARE—” Peter was cut off by Desi screaming back. “I’M LEAVING!!! THAT’S THAT!!!!” She screamed, before taking her mask and storming out the door, leaving everything she just got behind. She was on her way to the airport… She didn't know why she took her mask... it felt right.

Peter slowly walked back into the house and slowly sat on the couch, pondering what happened… Was it really over? He grabbed his phone and turned it on, and went to the gallery. He began looking through photos… until he came across one… A picture of him and Desi when they had gotten high off of who knows what, some strange gas in the air that made Desi overly sexual, a little more than usual, and Peter very cocky and loving.
Desi’s coat was off and slung over Peter’s shoulder, while he held her up with one arm, she had her legs wrapped around his waist, they had a dead man in between them, which Desi was jokingly tonging down… He always loved how she was a sexual maniac… it gave her more personality.
Peter wiped away a tear, before scrolling to the next one… This one was just a simple one… before they started abusing each other… They were both wearing their masks, and Desi was holding up a gang sign, her thumb, pointer, and middle fingers were out, her hand was tilted to the side, same with the other arm, her arms were crossed over.
Peter scrolled to one more photo… One he forgot was taken. It was a picture he took when Desi had fallen asleep on him when he had to carry her home, she was clinging to his front and biting her thumb gently. He didnt know why she bit her thumbs when she slept... but he found it cute.
Peter hesitated, before sending the images, along with some long paragraphs, asking her to come back…
Desi ignored all the messages… She was busy talking to Jackson about their new home…