Chapter 25: Child

9 months later… The whole pregnancy was hard, Peter did his best never to hurt her, and to take care of her. He told Rose the news, and she gave him the whole 9 months off of work, with pay. Rose was really happy and excited, but also worried. She didnt know if Peter could handle a child. She told him that if he needed a babysitter, she was available most of the time.
Desi was scared and worried… She didnt know how the baby would be delivered, since she couldnt go to the hospital. She’d be arrested afterwards, because of her reputation.

Around the 9th month… it was 1:30 in the morning, June 15th. Desi felt a sudden pain shock her awake, she yelped and sat up, quickly turning the light on. It was like a very strong cramp in her stomach. She winced and held her hand on her stomach. Another wave of pain hit her, she screamed. Peter quickly woke up and sat up, looking at her. He saw the tears on her face. He knew what was going on, he quickly got up and took her into the bathroom. He had researched how to deliver a baby, and he knew how to do it properly.

It was long and painful… There was no pain medication, nothing to dull it at all. When the baby was finally delivered, he realized that it was twins. A little boy, and a little girl. Desi had fainted. Peter quickly made sure that she was okay, before he checked the children… He smiled, ignoring their obnoxious crying. They both had pure black hair, and pale skin. When they opened their eyes, Peter was a bit shocked. They both had one bright blue eye, and one dark brown eye. They had matching birthmarks on their hands, they looked like they were matching lines, that were in the shape of an empty circle.
He softly smiled. “I cant believe it… I’m holding my own children.” He hummed.
Not too much longer later, Desi woke back up, she slowly tried to sit up, but it wasnt easy. Peter was carrying her gently. He set her on the bed. “Desi. Look.” He whispered, holding the children out to him. They were both wrapped up in one blanket. Desi smiled, looking at them. “Oh my god…” She whispered, gently taking them into her arms. 
Peter smiled. “I thought of good names for them.”
“What are they?” Desi asked.
“Darkie, and Moon.” Peter hummed. “The girl would be Darkie, and the boy would be Moon.”
Desi hugged him gently. “I love it…” She yawned softly. “Peter, I cant believe this is our our lives are turning.” 
“...Its not.” Peter said suddenly.
Desi looked at him. “What?”
“Its not.” He hissed, before punching Desi in the face, knocking her out.