Chapter 24: Making Up

It was early in the morning, it had been at least 6 weeks… nothing much really happened. Their relationship stayed awkward, they didnt like or hate each other at the moment… they didnt know what to think. Desi had started to get strange strong mood swings, she was very emotional. Sometimes Peter felt like he was walking on eggshells when talking to her. He also noticed that she was eating some strange things she never ate before… She started eating cucumbers with chocolate. He thought it was just from the way she’s been lately.
Peter had slept on the couch, so that Desi could have the room to herself for awhile. She didnt want to be alone though. She sat up and stretched. Her arm was feeling better already. She stood up from the bed, but ended up stumbling and falling over, she yelped, trying to catch herself with the side table, but ended up only knocking the lamp over.
Peter quickly ran up, and opened the door. He saw her on the floor, and quickly helped her up. “Are you okay?” He asked. It was the first time in awhile he asked that.
Desi just nodded calmly. “Mhm… I-I’m fine…” She mumbled. Peter looked at the arm sling. “I think we can take it off now.” He mentioned, motioning to her cast.
“You think so?” She asked.
“Well, does it still hurt?” Peter asked.
Desi shook her head. “No, not anymore.” She said.
Peter began removing the arm sling, then he removed the cast. Desi stretched her arm and sighed calmly. “That feels better.” She hummed
Peter stared at her face, and smiled. “You’re really pretty.” He complimented unintentionally.
Desi gave him a very confused look. He never mentioned how she looked before.
Peter blinked a couple times. “Sorry. You just look better than you did when you had all those bruises.” He said quietly, gently grabbing her chin. “...Your skin is so clear. I never noticed that before.”
Desi gently pulled his hand away from her. “Are you feeling okay?” She asked.
Peter nodded. “Yeah. Of course…” He stood up, helping her stand. He paused, before speaking. “Desi I have a question.” He started.
“What is it?” She asked.
“Can you… Um… Can you take a pregnancy test sometime today.” He asked, covering his mouth with his knuckles shyly.
Desi blinked a couple times. “Peter, do you think I’m….” 
“Well… I-Its been 6 weeks and you're showing symptoms… H-Have you missed your period…?” He asked.
Desi paused, before covering her mouth with her hands. “Oh no.” She whispered.
“I-I’ll be back. I’m going to go pick up a pregnancy test.” Peter said, before quickly running out to the car, and driving to the store.
Desi sat down on the couch and started thinking about what she would do. She knew for a fact that she wouldn't be a good mother, and Peter wouldn't be a good father.

Peter came back soon enough with a bag, with some things in it. He picked up three pregnancy tests, a box of condoms, birth control pills, more Xyrem, and a small box of expensive chocolates.
He walked inside and walked to the couch. He sat next to Desi and set the bag down. “Whatever happens, I’ve got a plan. Okay?” He said, before pausing. “If you are pregnant, its your decision… you can get an abortion, or you can have the child… and if you so wish, you can keep it.” He explained. Desi pauses. “Theres no damn way I’m keeping it.”
Peter chuckled. “Yeah, we wouldnt be good parents.”
Desi smiled. “You never know.”
Peter paused, before handing her one of the pregnancy tests. Desi quickly headed to the bathroom.

Peter put his face into his hands. He rubbed his face as he always did, pondering… If Desi was pregnant, it was HIS child… If she kept the child… it was HIS. He would take responsibility and raise it with her. As he was letting his mind wander, he started to think about if it were a boy or a girl. He started to think about names… He remembered that Desi might not want to keep it, and he stopped getting his hopes up.

Desi walked out of the bathroom, holding the test in her hands. She let out a shaky breath. “Peter…” She started. Peter looked at her, eyes wide.
“I-Its positive.” 
Everything went black for just a moment… Desi couldnt feel anything for a couple seconds, but then she opened her eyes again. Her body was numb.
Peter felt his heart jump. He didn't know what to say… but he smiled. Desi didn't understand why he was smiling. “Peter did you hear me?”
Peter nodded, before standing up and walking to her. Desi thought that he was going to hit her, but he just gently pulled her into a hug, resting his head on hers. “...I’m gonna be a dad.” He mumbled, smiling.
Desi was shocked. She didn't expect Peter to act like this. She thought he’d be pissed off. Peter kissed her forehead, and giggled. “I’m gonna be a dad.” He repeated.
Desi hugged him tightly. “Peter, are you feeling well?” She asked.
Peter nodded, before taking the pregnancy test out of his hand, and reading it. He smiled again.