you dont have to feel this way anymore (tony)

i've been on tour for the past couple months, leaving tony at home. he's been depressed lately, and we have a few more dates left before i can finally go home.

incoming call: babe 💞

i pick up.

"hey, babe! how are you feeling?" i asked enthusiastically. i wanted nothing more than for him to feel good.

"come home sooner, baby. i can't wait any longer." he cried. it killed me to hear him sobbing through the phone.

"we're in vegas right now. i just got off stage. do you think you can wait just 2 more days?" i asked.

"i think so." tony said.

"baby, i know it's hard, but i'll be home soon. when i get home, i'm not going to leave you." i said.

tony cried more. we talked for a bit before i had to go.

it completely murdered my soul to hear that tony was so torn up about me leaving. i had to make him feel better once i got home.

timeskip

"baby, i'm home!" you yelled. the sound echoed through your house. you expected tony to run downstairs. you walked up the stairs into your bedroom, only to see tony laying in bed, crying.

"tony, i'm back!" you said. he rolled over and wiped his tears.

"come here." he said as he sat up in bed. you sat on his lap and he pulled you close into him.

"i'll never leave you alone like that again." you whispered as he cried into your shirt. "hey, no crying, big boy. i'm back now. i won't be leaving for a long time. you don't have to feel this way anymore." you cupped his face in your hands and kissed him passionately.

"let's go downstairs and make a fort, yeah?" you suggested. tony giggled.

"of all things, a fort?" he snorted.

"we can watch star wars and eat popcorn in it." you added.

"i'm in. let's go." tony threw you over his shoulder and ran downstairs.

your boyfriend was one hell of a nerd. pillow forts, star wars, you name it. he loved it. and you love him.