3

Laela's pov

"What's that noise?"

It's me, silly. Your mother! It's your  first day of school, and you're going to be late if you don't get a move on."

"Sorry, what did you just say?"

"Oh, don't be ridiculous! Your alarm went off, but I guess you didn't hear it. Classes start at seven-fifteen and your bus leaves in half an hour."

" Mom, I'm way too bothered to go to school" I muttered. "I'd rather stay at home and watch Netflix."

"Honey, I don't know what's gotten into you this morning, but you really need to get a move on. I'm going to be late for work, If only you decided to take the driving test, but right now you can't just "drive yourself in late."

"Kk mom I'll hurry up," I said with the fakest of smiles.

I reluctantly started getting ready. My entire summer went through my mind at that instant, a smile was non-intentionally drawn on my face. I went to the bathroom and started my very meticulous hair routine. It always starts with the most gentle of shampoos: the Moisturizing intensive hydration shampoo, then I ad my coconut scented specialized hair product that should make my hair shine and bounce. After the gentle shampooing, I always rinse out the excess cleanser and condition of my hair. Lastly, I start styling it.

I grabbed my books and shoved them inside my bag. I raced to the kitchen and started making myself an improvised breakfast. Very delicately I began to chop some fruits and put them in a bowl. I quickly swallowed it up since my mother kept tormenting me with time. "I'm going to have to take you to school, and there is no way you're getting there in time!"

Nervously I sat on the car seat and waited patiently for my sister to arrive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got to school just in time. Or at least that is what I thought. "Mom, are you sure today is the first day of school? Cause I don't see a single soul in this parking lot!" - I yelled frustrated. "Don't raise your voice at me, young lady!"- Said mom angrily. "We are probably a bit earlier than usual that's all, just wait at the gate, they'll open any minute now" "Wacha mean mom?" " Just go sweetheart" I took my bag and walked slowly to the gate. As I said, there wasn't a single person there, not even a teacher or an excited nerd. I opened my bag and took out my planner. Today I have: maths first, then biology, English then lunch, then Spanish , then computer lab, then American history,and finally Algebra I. As I keep reading the lessons for the rest of the week I started to get that sense of routine, wake up, go to school, go home, go to sleep. Every day over and over again, one right after the other.

After a while students started to turn up, I sent my friends my location. I tossed my phone inside my bag and sat down for a few more minutes. Finally, Lexi and Hannah turned up. We shared our summer experiences but I already knew everything about them. As we were entering the building I spotted Cameron, Hailey, Emily, and Noah. I was looking forward to seeing them all.

All of them looked just like last year, except Noah... He looked huge! He was so much taller, older and in some way hotter. I know that last year he had an absolute crush on me, like, who doesn't? But he was special, in a way: I could really see that now. This was going to be a great year! Yay!

A/N
What did you think about this chapter? Hope you like it. We'll update some time this week, probably Wednesday or/and Friday. Vote and comment.