Prolouge

Play the music if you want

3rd POV
Katie opened her eyes and sat up in her bed, stretching and yawning. She looked around her room as she tried to wake up. She then turned her whole body and sat on her bed with her legs out. She then stood up and walked out the door of her bedroom.
She looked to see her mother in the kitchen cooking. Her mother is Blake Belladonna.
Blake: good morning Katie.
Katie: morning mom, how did you sleep?
Blake: I slept fine...how are you?
Katie: I had that nightmare again....a monster reaching for me as I sleep...... it had massive claws.
Blake stopped what she was doing as her ears perked up.
Blake: w-well don't forget that it was a dream. Dreams can't hurt you.
Katie: this one felt so real, it also had these blood red eyes.
Blake then took the food off the heat and placed her utensils down.
Blake: was it black....with a yellow line?
Katie: yeah! How did you know? It also looked a lot like the yellow line I have.
Blake: I just....know....why don't you get in the shower....the food won't be done for another few minutes.
Katie: ok mommy.
Blake: wear something nice....it's your first day of 3rd grade.
Katie ran to the bathroom and closed it behind her. Within seconds Blake's eyes filled with tears as she placed both hands on the counter.
Blake: I-it's just a dream she had Blake.....No need to worry that much.
She wiped her eyes as she went back to Katie's breakfast. The front door opened as Yang and Ruby walked in, holding bags from the store.
Ruby: morning.
Yang: morning.
Blake: morning.
Ruby: you alright, your eyes are a little red.
Blake: I'm fine....Katie had a nightmare.
Yang: kids always have nightmares.
Blake: this one was with Y/N.
Yang dropped her bag on the floor as Ruby looked down at it.
Blake: she mentioned a claw reaching for her. She had a dream it was him in that evil form of his.
Ruby: I thought you told her how you two met.
Blake: I told her we met in the woods while our team was on a mission from the academy, I then gave details about what he was like when he wasn't in the form. She knows nothing of the form or how much stress it put us all through.......I miss him.
Yang: we know you do....
Ruby: where is the kid now?
Blake: getting ready for her first day of third grade.
Yang: if you want I can drive her there.
Blake: thank you Yang.
Katie came walking down the stairs in a blue dress and a bow on her head.
Yang: you look beautiful!
Yang picked her up and tossed her slightly into the air, the little girl laughing. Blake smiled as she watched her daughter smile.
Blake: I made your lunch, Aunt Yang will also be driving you to school today.
Yang and Katie: Yay!