Chapter 24

After reintroducing ourselves. Amara and I communicated only through expressions due to our shock we were at a loss for words. Lyra, or now, Lyla was snoring as were the other girls.

Neither of us could get some rest so we retreated outside, underneath our Constellations.

"I don't know how to feel about this." Amara broke the silence.

"Same here," I agreed.

Stargazing made my Sign burn up and it sizzled on my skin but I didn't care. "I think she hit her head and forgot everything."

Amara tried to say something but she hesitated. "What should we do?"

I sighed and thought. "I don't know,"
"I can't believe you punched Lyra," Amara said after a long pause.

"Don't you mean Lyla?" I corrected, hoping to change the subject.

"You know what I mean," Amara prompted.

"I said I was sorry. I don't know what got into me." I said.

"So...what now?" she asked.

"What do you mean?" I knitted my eyebrows.

"We have eight descendants of the Twelve Major," she counted. "That's what we needed. What's next?"

"Actually, you might want to make that nine." the words were out of my mouth before I could stop them.
I was still shocked that no one else corrected me when I wasn't counting Taurus.

"How so?" she asked and I told her that Phoenix was a Taurus but she kept it a secret and I found out recently. I didn't give away Phoenix's real name or anything confidential.

"I can't believe we forgot Taurus," Amara said. "And that Phoenix kept it a secret."

"Yeah, well, she wanted me to figure it out on my own."
It was only a small lie. "But that was impossible since she covers up her Signs with flashy bracelets."

"I wonder why."
"Oh...umm...that's because she likes to be mysterious and secretive."
It wasn't a lie. I have no doubt Phoenix likes to remain in the shadows but also stand out from time to time.

"But that's a Scorpio trait, remaining secretive," Amara reminded.

I thought about an answer. "Maybe Phoenix adapted that one because she admires Scorpios?" I suggested. With my luck, Amara didn't push much with the answers. Imagine what Phoenix would do to me if I let out her secret.

"Before I left for Hydrus my mom gave me a dozen Star Stones for safety. She even hired someone to teach me how to use them." Amara told. "Not that I needed practice. She was just being cautious."

"That reminds me...." I said. I cleared my throat. "Do you have the stones, then?"

"No," she answered. "Left them in my dorm room. Sorry, I didn't know I'd need them while studying."

"I think we can get new ones," I remembered what Alfred and Hellen had said about a place where it rained Star Stones.

"I'll talk to Alfred tomorrow," I promised. Amara yawned and powered down Aries, she went to bed. I decided to do the same only I couldn't stop Stargazing. My mind wouldn't let go of the Stars no matter how hard I tried. Ophiuchus shined brighter, not on my intention. I slowly released all the Stars but they lit up on their own and gave me a headache. They had a green aura around them and it made my Sign burn up.

I made a mental note to stop Stargazing for a few days. If I follow that regimen it'll give Ophiuchus to cool down.

I slept with dreams. The Star Spirit communicated tonight. I told her my plan.