Chapter 26

I used to train six hours everyday. Now that I have to plan a wedding. I train four hours and utilize that time and make a list of things we need for the ceremony. I asked Lyra to help since she's good with party planning and I've never even hosted any guests before.

Lyla had taken the day off today, thank the Stars for that.

"Firstly, we need a proper date," Lyra started. "Did they tell you when they want to do it?"

"They said they'll decide when everything is prepared even though they want to do it really soon."

"How many guests?" Lyra got out her glitter pen.

"Umm...roughly..." I thought. "Maybe...about...about thirty." I stammered.

"Let's make that thirty to thirty-five." Lyra scribbled that down.

"Menu and venue," Lyra rhymed proudly.

"I've talked to the kitchen staff they'll prepare something special. But, there can't be a cake since there is no oven. And Mrs. Pisces promised to cook something exquisite."

"Yeah," she snorted. "We have different definitions of exquisite."

"Venue...." I thought. "They want to do dinner in the cafeteria and they'll clear up the training area so there's room for the ceremony."

"Are you excited?" She put down her notebook. I wiped my forehead.

"Yes," I said giddily "I've never been to a wedding before. I don't even know how they exchange Signs."

Lyra had put oil in my hair, it kept dripping on my face. She had done this since the day she found out about the wedding and insisted that I look my best. Until the big day, I was on a daily spa treatment.

"We'll get some chairs and set them outside the Conference Hall building, leading to the training area and Hellen and Alfred can just do it here."

"Alright," I agreed and Lyra wrote that down as well. "What about decorations?"

Lyra hesitated. "I have no idea what we can find here."

"I'll talk to them about that," I made a mental note.

"Next up: wardrobe." Lyra beamed. "What are the bride and groom wearing?"

"Lyra." I looked at her sternly. "Do you really think we can get fancy clothes on a rebel base?"

"No," she confessed. "But...I was wondering if we could alter one of my dresses so Hellen can wear it."

"I'll talk to her about that," I said.

"Alfred can just wear whatever he wants, then," Lyra said.

"I'll ask him too," I said.

"Besides all the attention is for the bride." A chill ran down my spine, I hoped it wasn't premonition. Lyra wrote something else down. Her perfect, cursive handwriting was hard to read. "What is the bridesmaid wearing?"

I blushed. "Is that really important?"

"Of course it is!"

"Please don't write that down." I begged.

"Fine," Lyra groaned and cut something off the notebook. "Ugh. This mattress is so uncomfortable."

"I know," I sighed.

"At least turn on another light." she demanded.

I looked at the two or three light bulbs hanging from the ceilings. "This is all we've got."

"I'll let all of you borrow some of my dresses but we'll need to have fittings."

"I really appreciate it, thank you." I smiled. "But you don't have to if you don't want to."