Chapter 30

Even setting chairs for guests seemed like a hassle. Though I had five guys and a serpent to help me, Hellen had still asked me to supervise them since she was busy taste testing with Raelynn and Phoenix.

This one is feeble, Rasal hissed in my head.

Who?

The Pisces boy. He looked towards Nathan who was trying to pick up two chairs had once. Should I slap him with my tail?

I actually considered that for a moment. No, I decided.

The weather was nice, it wasn't too cold as usual. We had cleared the training area early today and I was helping the guys set brown wooden chairs outside. We had already done the cafeteria, added table cloths and cleaned it as much as we could. Everyone would be there for the dinner but only a few guests were invited to the ceremony.

"We don't have time," I muttered.

Milady, we still have a few hours before the ceremony, Rasal reminded.

The chairs were facing the entrance of Crimsyn State. Gramps and Hellen would stand at the front and exchange Signs. I was sure that I was even more nervous than Hellen and Alfred. They looked fine though, or they were really good at hiding it. Maybe because they had both been married before, but I tried not to think about that.

Rasal had bathed in a puddle this morning. I decided to shower right after we were done setting up everything.

"All done," Tristan sighed. "I'm going to go wash up. See you tonight."

"Alright," I said and waved them all off.

Lyra was fighting with Lyla over who goes to the wedding. She muttered to herself, claiming that Lyla didn't want to go and she was fighting over who gets to have the body today. Amara and Raelynn were trying to calm her down but even I couldn't do anything except pray.

I went outside and prayed to the Constellations: Gemini, Virgo and Ophiuchus that Lyra is better by tonight. Those three Constellations twinkled as I said my words in my head.

It'll work, Rasal hissed.

Hope so.

I showered but didn't change into my dress yet. Hellen came to check on the arrangements. She was turning pink and her hair was in the bun, she had a bare face.

"I'm going to go get dressed, it's almost time." she smiled too much.

"I'll tell the girls to do the same," I said but they were already running around the girls' room with their hair up and tying each others' bows and borrowing lipgloss.

Lyra was back to well...Lyra. And she was helping Amara pin back her hair. "Belle, put on your dress. I hung it in the bathroom and I'll do your hair and makeup next."

I did as I was told. The dress made me look like I had curves and gave me a proper figure. I peeped inside my dress, looking at the material. Lyra hadn't done anything except tighten it since it was just a little loose but it would get tighter at dinner.

Amara had lipgloss on and blush on her cheeks, she didn't complain though. She was wearing golden sandals with a necklace, it had a shiny pendant. Raelynn and Phoenix were hovering over a mirror, brushing and pinning their hair and adding eyeliner.

Lyra threw me some white sandals to wear. She found a socket and warmed up the curling iron. I had used the oil and shampoo today and last night on my hair.

Lyra did my curls, pinned them away from my face. She added something creamy to my eyelids which made them shimmer. My lips were tinted red and so were my cheeks. She sprayed a little perfume and insisted I wear star shaped earrings.