Chapter seven...Never in six-thousand years

"Oh, a promise," She giggled, "I'm so scared! Whatever shall I do?" She finished with a dramatic forehead wipe.

"Yes!" I said defiantly, "A promise! Wait, ARE YOU TAUNTING ME!?"

"No! I would never do that!" She protested with mock innocence.

"You..." I couldn't find a word foul enough to describe her, but it didn't matter because she was lunging again.

"I'll destroy you and your precious friends! I'll destroy all of the crystal gems!" She had a mad edge to her voice like she was insane, and the whites of her eyes filled up with a deep black, making her unnerving to look at.

"Why?"

"CUZ WHY NOT!" She screamed at she hit me again and again, leaving long cuts in my skin.

"Stop! Owch, CUT IT OUT!" I protested, trying to heal.

"NEVER IN A THOUSAND YEARS!"

"How about six-thousand." Another voice cut in. "Try that on!" I whirled around to see Spinel jump off the pedestal and land in front of me.

"So, you came?" Topaz hissed in enjoyment, "Great! We were just about to finish our game!"

"YOU MONSTER!" Spinel shouted, lunging at her. Topaz, taken back by the sudden burst of fury, was immediately overpowered by Spinel. Spinel held the Rejuvenator above her head, "This if for your own good, you dirty witch." Topaz, however, took Spinel's insult as a chance to strike. She lunged at her and slashed her face. Spinel fell back and brought the Rejuvenator down on Topaz's head, slicing her in half. Topaz poofed into a small yellow gemstone.

"Well," I said, impressed, "never knew you were one for timing."

"I-I didn't want you to think that I thought you couldn't handle this, but I waited, and I got lonely and I thought, 'oh, what if he dies? I'll be all alone.' So, I came to help you and-"

"Spinel, it's fine. Thanks, by the way."

"No problem." She said, grinning.

SPINEL'S POV

We brought Topaz's gem back to the house and pondered what to do with her when she came back. "Well, what does a Topaz do normally?" Steven asked.

"Hm, I can't say exactly, but I think they are supposed to clean." I replied.

"Well, we can have her as one of our friends until someone wants her or until we decide to keep her."

"Or until she gets her memories back and tries to kill us again." I added.

"If she does, we might just have to shatter her..." Steven said uncomfortably.