The Letter

Annabeth's pov

  I finally head back to the dinning pavillion for lunch. Sandwhiches and grapes. Again.

  I sigh as I plop down beside Samantha, my little sister, after sacrificing to the gods, praying for a quest.

  "What's wrong, Annabeth?" She asks me, popping a green grape into her mouth.

  "Just been thinking..." I sigh.

  "A letter came in for you." Sam says, eating her sandwhich.

  I furrow my eyebrows. Who would write a letter to me...?

  "From a Fredrick Chase."

  "Oh?" I wonder why he would bother... Don't they hate me?

  "I set it on your bunk under the pillow." She says quietly.

  I hurridly finish my lunch and get back to the cabin. I grab the letter and walk back to the beach.

  Once I settle, I glance at the letter in my hands. Do I really want to open this?

  Hades, yeah!

  I open it, and with shakey fingers, take out the paper inside. I unfold it and read.

  Annie,
  Chiron has notified us that you had arrived there safely a while ago.
  We're really sorry if anything we did or said was the reason you left, we never meant for it.
  Annie, if you're alright with it, we would like for you to come back for christmas and the second semester.
  And, I've sent the ring back to you. You left it here and I'd feel a little better that you have it with you.
  Please write to me your answer. I understand if you don't want to come home.

                     Love,
                         Dad, Mom, Bobbie, and Matt.

  I fold the letter and find Dad's college ring in the envelope. I sigh and fiddle with the rain for a moment, thinking about my answer to my father.

  Do I really want to go back there? With my distant father my mean step mother and my screaming brothers?

  I guess I do miss them, but still, they're the reason I left. I wouldn't blame my brothers in a million years but my mother? My father? I don't think so.

  A/N Okay, I know this is short, but I had to give you something! You're welcome!
  I finally have an idea about where this is going so yay! Byezzz! Stay away from mortals!