Phone Calls and Memories

Annabeth's pov

  I ran over to the activities director.

  "Chiron! May I please use the camp phone to talk to my father?" I ask.

  He nods. I follow him into the big house where he points me to the old house phone they have here. Less technology, less chance of monster rampages.

  He walks away as I dial the phone number I have never forgotten. It rings.

  And rings.

  And rings.

  And rings.

  And rings.

  And- "Hello?"

  "Uh... hi?"

  "Annie!? How have you been!?" Comes my father's voice from the end of the line.

  "Great... um, Dad?" I ask hesitantly.

  "Yes?"

  "About that thing about me coming home..."

  Luke's pov because I'm evil!

  I sat there, thinking about what Annabeth had said.

  You're father loves you. And your mother misses you...

  Well, if my father did love me, he certainly had a strange way of showing it.

  And my mother... I shudder as one memory comes to mind...

  "Luke? More cookies? Or a pb&j? Or koolaid?" My mother's dreamy voice asks me.
  "No." I say quietly, trying not to look into those vaccant eyes. Those scared me the most.
  "More cookies? Oh, Luke, you look so much like your father... why don't you ever have friends over? I'm sure they would love some cookies... More koolaid?"
  I shake my head as I slowly move to the stairs. I run to my room and lock the door. I sigh, then jump.
  "LUKE!? WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME ALONE!?" My mother screeches.
  "LUKE!? DO YOU NOT LOVE ME ANYMORE!? DID I MESS UP ON THE COOKIES!? WHAT DID I DO WRONG!?" She sounds like she's sobbing as well while she continues to screech.
  Bang.

  Bang.

  Bang.
  She pounds on the door and I run to my closet, small hands closing the door behind me.
  "LUKE! COME GIVE MOMMY A HUG! DO YOU WANT ANY COOKIES!?"
  Tears run down my face. Why does she do this!? I fell so much smaller than I already am... unlike the five year old I actually am.
  No. I can never go back there... even if she did miss me... I shake my head as I slowly get up and walk down hill...