The Answer

Annabeth's pov

  I stare at the letter in my hands. It's been a day since I had gotten it and I would look at every chance I get.

  I finally muster the courage to write him back.

  Dad,
  Hi... I know it's been awhile and I left unexpectly, but do you know just what you're asking for?
  I left to protect my brothers and to find somewhere where I won't be forgotten. I found that place and I love it.
  Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind trying again, but do you really know what you're walking into? Are you sure you want to do this with two little boys who could get into serious trouble because of me?
  Anonther reason I left, Step-mother believed I didn't care about the safety of Bobbie and Matthew. I proved her wrong. I removed the danger by removing myself.
  So, do you really want to do this again? For us both most likely going through more pain that could so easily be avoided?
                         Love,
                            Annabeth

  I reread it then took it to Chiron for him to send it to my father.

  I hope my dad understands just what he's about to do...

  "Can you send this to my father, Chiron?" I ask.

  He nods. "So you're talking with him?"

  I shrug. "I guess you could say that... He wants me to come.... home..."

  "I see. And will you go?"

  "I don't know... Right now, I just want to know my father knows what he's walking his family back into..."

  "That's wise. Your father may be blinded by grief after all these years." Chiron says, stroking his beard.

  I glance up at him. "He doesn't miss me... why else would he ignore me?"

  Chiron looks at me sadly and puts a hand on my shoulder. "Go train Annabeth, don't dwell on things of the past."

  I nod my head and jog to my next class, I teach Greek Mythology.

  I mainly forget about Dad, but it always lingered in my mind. I sigh heavily as I fall asleep that night.