Chapter 26

I finish as I hit the last note. I look up and watch them all except Rosalie smile. They clap as I stand up, bowing a bit. They laugh as I stand up straight, moving off the bench. "Thank you for letting me play, Edward. I do appreciate playing the piano again." I tell him. He chuckles and smiles at me. "You're welcome, Melissa. You can play anytime you'd like. I'm sure we would all love to hear you play." Edward tells me. "Yes, Edward is right. We would all love to hear you play your lovely music." Carlisle adds, making Rosalie scoff. I look at her and put my hands on my hips. "Rosalie, please do not make another argument happen." Emmett tells her. She glares at him before speeding out of the house. I can't help but run after her, ignoring their calls. I have to find out what is going on with her and why she is acting like this. There has to be a reason why.

Little did I know that Emmett knows why she is acting like this after Edward ran my unconscious form to my hometown. 

"Rosalie, can you just stop?" I call out as I try to catch up with her. Keyword being try. I mean I am as fast as vampires but not as fast. She stops and turns around, making me skid to a stop. "Why are you here? Carlisle should have been faithful to Esme and stayed alone." She snaps at me. I put my hands up as I take a step towards her. "I may not know who she is but the way you talk about her, I assume she sounded like a wonderful woman to Carlisle." I say, making her roll her eyes. "She was. Until the war we had to protect Renesmee. She died helping Seth out. Seth was going to die but she pushed him out of the way and got her head taken off and her body burned by the Volturi." She replies as she looks down. "So can I ask why you're mad at me for being with Carlisle?" I ask her. She snaps her head up and crosses her arms again. "Because the guy that did it looks so much like you. He tore her head off without any mercy and burned her body." She snaps, making me tense. So is she saying, that Marcus... is alive? But, how is he alive? Why did he get turned into a hybrid? "Did he have long shaggy brown hair? Green eyes? Taller than me by like almost a foot?" I ask her as I drop my hands, clenching them. She nods and I choke on a sob before falling on my knees. "T-that is my twin brother, Marcus. H-He died in a car crash but h-he is a s-shifter like myself. But w-why would he b-be a hybrid?" I cry out as I cover my face. I hear her walk closer to me as my body shakes with each sob that comes out. "What do you mean? What happened to him?" She asks me, making me look at her. "Marcus and I had an argument before I moved here and it was claimed to be that he died in a car accident. I never saw the body nor any pictures of the accident because I thought it was my fault. But I didn't think he knew of any other vampires like the Volturi." I explain to her. I should have known that it wasn't true. All we saw was his car and after that, I locked myself in my room because of it.

She looks down before looking back up at me. "I'm sorry that happened, Melissa. I didn't know who he was and all I saw was the similarities you two had. I didn't think about who he was or who he was related to." She says, making me look up at him. "Is he dead, Rosalie?" I ask her. "No, the Volturi left and I haven't seen him since." She replies, making me nod before I look down at my hands. "I don't blame you for hating me. I mean, my twin brother killed the only mother figure you ever had and I guess since I am his twin-" Rosalie cuts me off. "You are nothing like him, Melissa. You may be his twin but that is all you are. Nothing will ever change that and I will just have to get used to Carlisle having you around." She says, making me look at her. "You have every right to be mad at me, Rosalie. My brother killed her and I can be the one to blame." I tell her. She shakes her head as she hugs me. I look at her with wide eyes before hugging back. "I know what I said was wrong and I'm sorry I said it. I should have talked it through with you instead of snapping at you every time you were around Carlisle." She tells me.

I shake my head before pulling out of the hug. "No you have every right to be, Rosalie. You were just mad because you thought Carlisle was with the enemy. All because of what my twin brother did to Esme. I would probably do the same if I was in your shoes." I tell her. She nods as we get up. "Let's go back before they start to worry that I did something to you again." Rosalie says, making me nod and smile at her. "That would be nice, Rosalie." I reply before we start walking back to the house. "So, how come you never talk about back home?" She asks me. "I don't want to be reminded of all the other kinds of supernatural creatures that live there. We have vampires, werewolves, shapeshifters, a siren, a fairy, and a succubus. Well, we had a succubus. But I killed her because she tried to seduce my brother." I tell her as I slide my hands in my pockets. "Did you have any friends there?" She asks me. "Oh yeah. Back in Louisiana, everyone knows everyone and everything. If someone new came in, no one heard about them.  If you were related to someone, they knew it. If you got pregnant be someone there or got cheated on, everyone knew. It was like all these social apps out now." I explain to her.

She giggles, making me look at her. "That is annoying. Honestly, how can you stand living there?" She asks me. "I was simple, really. I ignored it until I graduated. After I finished college for becoming a doctor, I listened to everything people said. That's when the argument with my brother happened. I fled after that. I wanted a fresh start somewhere quiet. And that's how I found Forks. I mean, I was going to live in La Push but in all honesty, I'm not good with the whole beach and living away from everything." I explain to her. She nods as we walk up to the house. "So who do you know at La Push?" She asks me. "I was childhood friends with Sam Uley. Him and I grew up together and when we were still kids, my parents moved my brother and me away. We went back home. I was born there but lived both there and here." I tell her. "In all honesty, I thought you were with Carlisle because he could make you immortal." She tells me. "Oh no. I didn't find out that he was a vampire until I knew I had a mate which was him." I tell her as we walk up the stairs. "Again, I'm sorry I thought you were the enemy and trying to get with Carlisle. I didn't know he was your twin brother." She replies. "I understand, Rosalie. If I was you, I would be the same way." I say as we walk in.

I close the door behind us and we walk to the living room. "So, is everything okay between you two?" Jasper asks us, making Alice hit him in his arm. "Jasper, don't ask questions like that. You know better." Alice tells him. I giggle and smile at her. "Alice, it's okay. Really it is. Rosalie and I made up after she told me why she was rude to me." I say to all of them. I walk over to Carlisle and he wraps an arm around my shoulders. "Everything is okay, love. Rosalie and I made up." I tell him. "I'm glad you two did. I never knew why she was mad at you. But if you two made up then I'm happy as well." He replies. I giggle and smile when he kisses forehead.

Lite did I know that there was more to come within the months that I stay being his girl.