Chapter 8!

Aidan's POV

I woke up with a headache that felt like someone was hammering my skull, and my stomach didn't feel incredible either. I felt a small, warm object in my right hand, and as I opened my eyes, I saw that I was in my bedroom. I got drunk at that party, right? Why am I here? Was that a dream? Or did I bring someone home? I fucking hope it's not the latter. I thought to myself. Beginning to panic, I brought my head up so I was sitting upright before feeling like a bullet had passed through my brain and quickly lay back down again. I looked over to my right and saw a small frame on the edge of the bed, sitting upright. I stared for a while, trying to make out the face, but my head wasn't cooperating with my eyes, so I shut them again. After a while, I felt the small thing in my hand squeeze my index finger before feeling the body move closer to me. It said "U-umm, are you o-okay? I brought y-you water, but..." In that ethereal voice I knew all too well. Eli.
After a few seconds of silence, I managed to force out of my mouth: "Yeah I'm fine. I'm not used to being drunk, I normally just stay in the house on weekends. Anyway, this is my bedroom, right? Why am I here?" I said as quietly as I could, but despite my best efforts, it still came out as an annoyed grunt.
I felt the warm thing, which I guessed was Eli's hand, retract away from me. I must admit, it felt nice there. Oh right. Crap. He must've thought I was annoyed at him, instead of my annoying body that hurts every time I try to move my head.

"S-sorry, um, well, Michael, my cousin, h-helped me take y-you back here a-after you passed out in the b-basement. I remembered where y-you lived from that homework I helped y-you with a while ago, s-sorry if it's weird o-or something-"

"No!" I said too loudly, and Eli looked scared to the point of crying. I softened my voice and tried again. "No, no it's fine. Thank you. For taking me back here. I really appreciate it. And stop apologising, okay? I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to shout at you or whatever. My head just hurts, okay?" I grabbed his hand gently and caressed his palm with my thumb. He turned a bright red that compared to a tomato, and I grinned. He hid his face with the sleeve of his baggy jumper that he wore, but I could see a small smile form on his face.
I got up and walked to the closet despite the fact that my head was practically imploding, or that's what it felt like anyway. I took my t shirt that was sweaty and stained from beer and, well, "water", if you catch my drift. I put a clean, plain red t shirt on and a check shirt. I sat down and grabbed the water that Eli had set on my new(ish) desk to the right of my bed. I sat upright on my bed opposite Eli and leaned in to give him a small hug of appreciation, but I stopped halfway, before I noticed something was wrong. Eli was shaking terribly and his eyes were wide. "C-can I a-ask y-you something?" He said in a voice that made his usual sound clear and confident. I nodded quickly, wanting to get this weird moment over.

"T-that kiss, w-with Lawrence. H-he w-was, he was j-joking, right?" It was about THAT? Great. I nodded again, though I wasn't entirely sure anymore, especially after last night. Could all that Lawrence said be true? It was all that girl, Lisa, was it? He's just misunderstood? He's probably just blaming other people, right? His face, though, his eyes were wide and watery, the specks of blue eliminated by fear. His cheeks were red and wrecked, his hair was messy and covering some of his face, stuck by the abundance of salty water. That face was the thing I couldn't get out of my mind. I might've drunk, but my memory served me well.
Then my thoughts went back to now and here, with Eli still looking at me in silence, and his hands had crept up onto mine, and they felt exceptionally warm.

"I'm not." He said before kissing me on the lips and ran out of the door.

(A/N- Short chapter. I'm on Notes and I can still tell it's short. I didn't know how to make it longer really, though. So DEAL WITH IT. Yeah. Song this week, hmm.... (It actually took me about 30 minutes to think of one) Anna Sun by Walk the Moon!
I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Peace :))