Chapter 9!

Aidan's POV

The next week or so has been weird. I feel like the stupid Lawrence incident is repeating again. Eli's been staying away from me, which I can understand, but to be honest, it feels lonely. I haven't really thought to make any other friends, since Eli's been always, sort of, well, there. I mean, he was just curious, right?

So I was in my room, lying on my bed with my feet crossed over each other, going back to my before-I-met-Eli-and-I-was-super-lonely state since I had no one to text; Anti social and irritable.
I had my headphones in, but through them I heard the door open. I looked over and saw my sister. Great. What does she want.
"Hey," She said, "What's wrong? You're acting like you did before we moved. You know, the thing that was awesome that you never told me about? Yeah, that. I want to know what made you a grumpy ass again." What was she talking about?
"What? Nothing's change-" She raised an eyebrow in disbelief. Knowing that trying to convince her that she was wrong was like trying to convince a wall to fall over, I gave up trying to seem like everything was okay. I went surprisingly quiet, saying "Is it really that obvious?" My voice broke a little at the end.
"Mom and Dad are oblivious, trust me, but I have no clue how. You're radiating positivity. It's annoying.
Anyway, what is this awesome thing then? Did you get incredibly good grades?" I shook my head. I didn't want to speak simply because I didn't want to show how excited I was about actually having a friend for longer than two minutes.
"Wait!" She said in her annoying voice. I would've said that I didn't want to talk to her right then, but I was really bored.
"Is it a girl?" She questioned, tilting her head like I do. I shook my head my head and emitted a small "nah".
Then... Is it a boy?" I swear my eyebrows must've raised about ten feet. This time, however, I spoke coherently. "No! I mean, well, yes, sort of, but not in that way! I think..." I added the last part quietly, saying it to myself more than her. I hoped she hadn't heard, but apparently she had. "You think? What the actual fuck do you mean by you think?" She said, laughing. I was confused. This is why I hated talking to people. They were way too complicated for my own good.
"I don't know! Feelings are confusing!" I said, burying my face into the pillow on my bed. I wasn't lying.