Chapter 15!

Eli's POV

We were at Leanne's house, more specifically in the basement. She said that we could mess up this room as much as we could, since no one came down here except for her.

Caleb and I were sitting on the large sofa, while Leanne was upstairs in the kitchen, finding whatever food she could.

Hi, Caleb signed. I said hey back.

This is a bit random, but, thank you for being my friend. He said.

"It's o-okay, um, don't worry. You're really, r-really nice."

It really means a lot to me. Everyone before laughed at me because I was so tall, and girls didn't want to date me because I was so lanky and skinny. But you started talking to me, and I feel really happy now. He said, smiling like an idiot and blushing.

Leanne came down the stairs running, carrying popcorn, sweets and drinks. She sat down on the chair after handing us a giant tub of popcorn to share and two giant cups of lemonade.

I took a swig of the lemonade, only to experience something that made my throat burn a little.

"Yeah, uh, confession:" Leanne said, "I may or may not have put some vodka in the lemonade. But don't worry, you'd have to drink a bucketful of it to get drunk. I just put some in to make it taste better." As I trusted Leanne, I let myself get accommodated to the strange taste of the "lemonade".

After three movies of Harry Potter, Leanne randomly said: "So! Question time: Do you guys like anyone?" Oh no.

But, since I was a tiny bit drunk and therefore feeling adventurous, I nodded. She gasped and said: "Who is it who is it who is it come on tell me who is it!" She said. I sighed.

"Um... I like A-A-aidan...." I hid my head with my hands. Leanna squealed and I blushed more.

"That's adorable! Hey you two used to be friends, right? Oh wait... Did you tell him?" I nodded.

"And he said he didn't want to be friends with you anymore?" I shook my head.

"I didn't give h-him time to answer. I ran a-away after I told h-him."

"You should at least talk to him, Eli, even if it's just to say that you two aren't friends anymore. Who knows, it's December, perhaps even a Christmas miracle will happen!" She said, winking. This just made me blush more, though.

"Nah, that w-would never h-happen." I said, smiling a little.

"Ah, well, sleep on it. Anyway, I'm going to go to my actual bed upstairs, but one of you can go to the guest room upstairs and the other can sleep on this sofa, which turns into a big bed. There are blankets and stuff in the drawers over there." She said, pointing to the far corner of the room, where there was an old wardrobe and drawers.

"Hey Caleb, you can go to the room u-upstairs, okay? I'll stay h-here." He nodded before walking up the stairs. I sighed.

After turning the sofa into a large double bed, and laying some of the blankets on top of the bed, I lay down and began to think.

This is the first ever time I've been able to stay over a friends house, right? It feels really nice. It feels like someone wants me to be friends with them, to stay with them.

And soon enough, I fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up, and, even though there were no windows in the basement, I could sort of guess that it still wasn't morning yet. I checked my phone and, sure enough, it was only about 1am.