Chapter 11 Part 2

Eli's POV

I lay drowsily at the side of Aidan's bed, holding his hand, waiting for him to wake up. I'd been awake since the party, so I really was tired. I decided to wait until Aidan woke up, though, since the least I could do was wait to see if I needed to get him something when he woke up.

After a while, I decided to get a glass of water from the sink. It wasn't much, but it might help him.

I walked back into his room, with the water in hand, and saw that he had moved slightly, so I could see almost all of his face clearly. His dark hair was messily swept across his face, his eyes having dark circles under them, and his skin was pale, his lips tinted pink. Looking at his face made my heart beat a little faster.

I put the water on the small table on the other side of his bed, near the wall. I sighed a little in exhaustion, before sitting back on the soft carpet. I crossed my legs, hung my head down, and closed my eyes, once again holding my hand in his, feeling the lovely warmth.

I heard a small groan, and looking up, I saw that Aidan had woken up. Suddenly, his head shot up like a rocket, so I immediately tightened the grip on his hand and straightened up. His head plummeted again so that he was lying down, however he turned to face me, squinting his eyes like I did when I was concentrating. Then he closed his eyes slowly, breathing in through his nose. I slowly moved my hand down to his finger and squeezed it as tightly as I could, before moving silently onto his bed.

Not really knowing if it was a good time to speak, I said: "U-umm, are you o-okay? I brought you water, but..." I didn't really know what to say.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm not used to being drunk, I normally just stay in the house on weekends. Anyway, this is my bedroom, right? Why am I here?" He said, as if he was annoyed. Not wanting to make him angry or upset, I took my hand away from his and moved further away. I felt a little hurt.

I managed to stutter out: "S-sorry, um, well, Michael, my cousin, h-helped me take y-you back here a-after you passed out in the b-basement. I remembered where y-you lived from that homework I helped y-you with a while ago, s-sorry if it's weird o-or something-"

"No!" He shouted at me, interrupting my sentence I was trying to form. I moved further back, and felt like my heart would cave in. I felt tears beginning to form. Why did he shout at me like that? He never did normally.

"No, no it's fine. Thank you. For taking me back here. I really appreciate it. And stop apologising, okay? I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to shout at you or whatever. My head just hurts, okay?" I nodded a little.

Suddenly, he grabbed my hand, and began to draw circles on the palm of my hand. I turned a bright red, trying to hide it unsuccessfully with the sleeve of my oversized jumper, however I couldn't help but smile. He chuckled and gave me a wide smile.

After a few minutes, he practically forced himself to get up and change his top, which was stained with beer and what looked like water. I couldn't tell, though. He changed it for a red t shirt with a check shirt covering it, before turning around to me and smiling. Seeing him topless suddenly gave me a strange boost of confidence. Aidan sat back down, taking a gulp of his water and then leant in towards me.

I don't know why I did what I did next. I started shaking uncontrollably, my tongue tied and I felt my eyes grow wide. I was staring into his face, his emerald eyes glittering. He stopped leaning in, which gave me an opportunity to speak. I said slowly and as coherently as I could. "C-can I a-ask y-you something?" He nodded quickly and I started to talk again.

"T-that kiss, w-with Lawrence. H-he w-was, he was j-joking, right?" I said, feeling my cheeks go red again. I hoped he said yes. I hoped that he wouldn't hate what I was about to do, I hoped-
He nodded. I leaned in closer, clinging tightly to the blanket on the bed, and somehow, despite my heart racing, despite that I felt like I would collapse at any second, I managed to say: "I'm not." Before giving him a peck on the lips that sent a rush through my body which sent me running out of the door crying. Of course he will hate me. Of course he'll think I'm some weirdo, like everyone else does. Why. Why did I do it. Why why why. That was the only word I could think of. Why.

(A/N- Hey guys! 250 reads! That. Is. INSANE. Thank you all! I love you guys *hugs* so. So. Sorry that the chapters are a bit short or boring, it's just that school's a bitch. I'm trying to pass though, so wattpad isn't my priority right now, sorry :/

Also, please comment! Even if you don't like this story, I want to know criticism too! (No hating. Criticism is different. Give me things to improve on, not how much I suck.) Anyway, the song for this chapter is Pompeii by Bastille!)