chapter nine: rewind

Y/n's POV

7 years ago

"You can't do this to me!"

I ignored the shouting of a random person talking on the phone. He shouts as if no one is around. I wore my earphones and blasted loud music from my playlist.

I was in a mall for christ sakes waiting for Nageon unnie to come out of a shop. So I grew tired of waiting beside her so I left and sat on a bench.

Even with my earphones in I can still hear his loud voice arguing with someone. I looked up to see him fighting with a woman who looked tired of his shoutings. I removed my earphones and listened.

"Sir this is a public place-" She said calmly when she got cutted of

"I don't care! Mind your own business!" He shouted ready to hit the woman.

I quickly stood up and pushed him to the ground before he can lay a finger on her.

"Never treat a lady like that." I said and held her arm pulling us away from the scene before it gets crowded.

When I finally led us to a much more quiet place she spoke.

"Thanks. That guy could not know when to shut the hell up." She said and I laughed.

"Probably because his girlfriend left him." I snapped and She laughed.

"Chloe." She said and extended her hand. I held it and felt electricity shoot through my veins but still said my name.

~~

"Happy birthday chlo!" I said sheepishly and gave her a small box big enough to fit the necklace I bought her.

She looked at me unbelievably and I laughed. "I told you no gifts remember?" she said and I hugged her and went by her side giving her the box.

"You can't tell me what to do." I said and she opened the box gasping what she saw.

"Y/n-" She said in awe. I cut her off before she can say that she isn't going to keep it.

"It's your birthday. You deserve it." I said and she hugged my tightly.

I held necklace and she held her hair up. I put it on her gently. She let her hair loose down and I hugged her from behind. I couldn't help but kiss the side of her neck making her groan softly.

"Y/n... You know we can't." She said barely a whisper. I don't care. My feelings were too strong to care about us being sisters.

"Y/n." She warned me but I trailed kissed down her neck.

"Y/n stop." She pushed me off of her and I sighed.

"We're sisters... It isn't right." She said a little flushed about what happened. I shook my head a bit and turned around feeling so disappointed. In myself.

"Hey." Chloe behind me called out and I shook my head.

"No, You're right. I should've just stay away from you." I said and looked at her to see her confused.

"I shouldn't of have interfered that day. I should've just waited for Nayeon on that damn store." I kicked the chair, making it fly in the air. I saw Chloe flinch from suprise.

"I-I'm sorry... I-" Before I can speak she hugged me tightly. I slowly let myself melt in her arms and feel warm. I let out a shaky breath and hugged her back.

"This isn't easy to me too Y/n. You know how much I love you." She said in between tears. I held her close to me and whispered 'I know'.

"Why can't we just be normal sisters and stay like that? How can I even love you like this?" She said making my heart break.

"We'll get through it. Nobody has to know chloe." I said and pulled away from the hug, holding her right cheek softly.

"But it's wrong-"

"I know... I know." I said and kissed her lovingly. She froze at first but then kissed back.

'No one has to know.'

~~

Me
Hey babe where are you?
12:34pm

Me
Hey I'm heading to the mall you want anything?
12:37pm

Me
Answer pls
12:56pm

Me
I'm heading to your house
1:03pm

"Chloe what-" I said as soon as I unlocked her bedroom door to see it a mess. Chloe always has her room tidy up whenever she wakes up.

"Babe?" I called out and checked the bathroom
to see the mirror broken. Glass were everywhere. I was getting worried every step I take around her room.

I tried calling her phone but it ends up to voicemail. I cursed under my breath and looked to see her closes half empty.

"What?" I said and looked at her living room the tv open, remote on the floor, shattered.

The tv looked as if it was hit multiple times. Explains why the remote is broken into pieces.

I checked the garage to see it empty. Nothing but a spare wheel hanging on the wall.

I panicked and went outside to my car dialing Chloe's number. Multiple times but it leads me to voicemail.

Did she leave? But why? And why didn't she tell me?

I called Nayeon and thankfully she picked up.

"Hey where-"

"Chloe's gone... Dad called me a minute ago and told me that Chloe needs a break from all of this. Did you know dad flew down here, tried to talk chloe out of going back with him?"

"What?" I asked in disbelief.

"They had a huge arguement and dad... dad said chloe's adopted."

My eyes widen and immidiately ended the call. I turned on the engine and sped off from
the scene.

I tried calling and leaving a few messages behind but she's not answering.

'Deep down I knew she's never coming back.'

~~