11

Presley hears the loud banging and grips her knife staring down the door a walker busts through and she doges its lunge and stabs it directly in the back of the head. She slowly begins to place the walker blood on her body knowing that it will help her get by the walkers. Presley slowly walks out making her way towards the house she knew the girls where being kept in. SHe stops eyeing the house that belonged to Luka's family and hears the walkers around her getting restless. She moves forward and pushes the door open slowly and walks in Presley steps forward looking around the quiet house but closes the door quickly behind her as she steps fully into the large living room.

Presley turns hearing a sound from a room in the distance and walks towards it keeping hold of her knife tightly. she stops eyeing the large amounts of blood covering the floor and walks into the kitchen ahead of her. she stops seeing a few dead walkers but stops again eyeing one come out of nowhere and plunges her knife into the walkers head. the walkers fall to the ground and she steps over it following the large amounts of blood to the door. she slowly opens the door and eyes Mason laying on the floor passed out with a wet towel wrapped around his blood-soaked hand stump. she stands there seeing mason pale, and he looks as if he is cold from the loss of blood.

Presley steps to Mason and checks him over and notices he is not moving. she slowly takes out her gun and shuts the door over sitting across from him as she holds her gun tightly. She waits to see if he wakes but he doesn't and she looks to the gun and backs up.

"so this is really it mace?"

she looks down taking the safety of her gun off and waits for Mason to turn.  she walks off leaning down pressing her lips to his giving him one last kiss.

"in sorry mason"

she lifts her gun pressing it to his chin and goes to pull the trigger when he places his hand on her gun

"not dead yet."

he moves his head and she lowers her gun asking

"you're alive?"

he motions out to the door

"you need to leave Presley and get somewhere safe"

"I can't just leave you.."

"you can"

he looks up and she eyes his pale skin as she asks

"are you dying"

"do I look dead?"

she shakes her head and asks

"no, but you are pale and look cold and feel cold"

mason nods his head and keeps his hand on Presley's gun.

"you need to leave Presley I'll be fine"

"you have no hand!"

he takes the towel off of his stump  showing it burnt shut and motions down

"It just hurt a lot but I am alive"

he drops his hand that was placed over hers and motions to the door shut it over and don't worry about me, leave and get to safety I'll catch up.

"I'm not you mace I can't leave people behind"

she pulls mason up helping him stand and whispers

"I won't leave you behind."

mason grips the sink behind him and looks over Presley asking sounding suspicious

"what do you want from me?"

she smiled contorting her face into a sincere smile as she presses her hand on his cicely

"I, I love you"

she says it painfully and mason turns his head reading her.

"I'm not stupid ley.i know you want to put a bullet in the ack o my head and I sure as hell know you don't love me"

she grips his bicep with her hand looking into his eyes trying to sound convincing.

"o, o course I do mace"

she drops her gun and he pushes her with one hand to the wall gripping her by the neck. Presley stands there afraid and mason turns his head asking.

"what do you want?"

she doesn't struggle and mason turns his head staring into her eyes as a smile graces his lips. he drops his hand and looks her over.

"I already got you read everyone wants something. Your motive coming here was to save the commonwealth right?"

"I came here to talks sense into you!"

she steps forward and turns her head and tries again to sound convincing.

"I, I, love you"

mason feels the pain radiate to his missing hand and grows as he stats coldly

"you just wanted to use my feeling against me. then when my back was turned you'd what? shoot me in the back of the head? kill me?"

Presley stands there still as she shakes her head.

"I'm not capable of that I would've stayed with you forever even if I think you're a horrible person. a lot of people are gonna die if you attack the commonwealth"

"and a lot won't if I don't who are you to decide which people get to live or die"

"and who are you!" Presley yells at him her voice cracking with emotion.

"There are kids there, families there, good people there mason..."

"and look what she did Presley?"

He motions to his hand and the door.

"walkers, kids dead, families Presley dead today because of her..."

"This isn't the commonwealth mason. think hard you have tons of enemies beta being one. Pamela wouldn't collect walkers, wouldn't attack a community especially one she probably wants back."

Mason sits there thinking to himself and concludes who attacked the hills and looks up to Presley surprising her with what he says.

"ill help you."

"what?" she sounds unsure she heard him right and mason nods.

"you heard me I ran through it all in my head who could do this, who could attack this community and who else would but the person Pamela asked to in the first place the guy who attacked them the first time.."

Mason stands there with his back to the sink a remains quiet thinking about the patriots and Myron as he shakes his head disappointed in his failure. 

"you want the commonwealth to live huh? then you help me and I'll help you."

"why all of a sudden-"

"nobody fucks with the Reid's and I have a feeling someone I trust is doing just that ."

Presley remains quiet as mason stands there examining his burnt hand stump and looks back up to Presley.

"someone's gonna pay real soon."