Together (Murder Twins Flashback) Part Three

Alex stands there in the room hearing some kids whispering a distance away from him and a kid turns to him.

"what do you think?"

"about what?" Alex asks looking over the older kids and the kid speaks sounding concerned.

"about what's going on, the adults won't say..." Alex shrugs and the kid asks.

"you were out there, right?"

"yea..."

"So what's happening?" Alex shrugs his shoulders and the kid step towards him as Alex steps back and asks.

"what do you mean?" the older kids step forward.

"out there dude, what's happening?"

"monsters..." Alex says sounding scared and the kids all laugh as Alex shrugs his shoulders and walks away. he sits down on a bed and hears a voice.

"Alex..." he turns and eyes Sargent wells as he walks up to him and hands him some water.

"drink up..." Sargent wells look around and shakes his head sounding annoyed.

"they left, left the kids?" Sargent Wells sits back and stares over the aisles and sighs to himself as he shakes his head thinking over what to do.

Alex sits there drinking down the water and Sargent wells ask sounding concerned.

"where's Sally?"

"playing.." Alex comments and Sargeant wells stares him over.

"not with you?" Sargeant wells asks and Alex shrugs his shoulders as he stares down the bottle and motions to it.

"I should find her..." Alex leaves Sargent wels and wells yells.

"Stay safe!" Alex nods and walks off in the general direction he saw sally go but stops seeing the group of girls she was with and asks sounding concerned.

"where is sally?"

the girls shrug their shoulders and one points towards the woods and whispers.

"she wanted to go home..." Alex runs towards the woods deep into them and turns back not knowing where he was but hears some screams and follows them. he comes out into the open and eyes the walkers and yells out.

"Sally!" he ducks around the walkers avoiding their slow pace and gets to sally as he sees the walkers getting close he shoves one hard and pierces its skull on a branch sticking out. sally breaths out and Alex eyes the herd around them and looks down at the blood covering him. a walker comes by stops and but ignores him as Alex turns to sally and nods to her.

"I have an idea..." he holds out his hand to the girl and she eyes his blood-soaked hand afraid as Alex nods to her and whispers.

"We won't separate, ever..." 

sally takes his hand and they cover themselves in the walker guts. Alex stares to her, places out his hand and sally take it as Alex whispers.

"it's just a game..." they walk forward into the herd following its movement further and further into the woods. sally whispers sounding worried.

"what about Sargent wells?"

"I don't know where we are..." Alex whispers back and they keep moving with the herd afraid to make a sound. they blend in deep into the herd but hear some screaming.

"move, move!" they hear some shots and a voice yelling.

"Mason!" 

more gunshots sound but it dies down as they again hear yells.