Bloody Fields (Flashback Part Two)

Sam is two years older and is now 15 years old, has grown taller and his hair is cut short so no walkers can grab it. He sits there still and hears a voice. 

"Jax?"

Sam looks up nodding to the boy his age and the kid sits down next to him talking to him. 

"We are gonna arrive there in a few more days Dominick thinks this is a good thing."

 the kid holds out a piece of paper to Jax and Jax stares it over eyeing the words salvation sprayed on the piece of paper and turns it over eyeing the map noticing how familiar it is.

"do you know anything about it? I mean we found you around here two years ago."

Sam lies to the boy shoving the paper back to him as he speaks softly still sometimes feeling pain in his throat with each word.

"no, if I did I would share any information.."

the boy pats him on the arm and stares down the piece of paper as he whispers.

"I just get all types of bad feelings about this. you know from experience whenever a place advertises it never turns out well."

sam nods agreeing and the boy looks to him.

"what are you thinking Jax? maybe we shouldn't go."

sam shakes his head and looks to the boy disagreeing.

"no, we should go." 

"should?" Sam nods to the boy and the boy stares him over asking.

"do you know anything?"

Sam remains quiet and the boy stares him over.

"dude?"

Sam brings his hand to his neck remembering his older brother and grits his teeth as he lies to the boy.

"I have a good feeling."

"feeling?" the boy stares him down and asks.

"thought you didn't believe in that shit?"

"Someone once said to go with your gut. so let's go with our guts."

"well if this keeps going how it goes we may not have any guts left when the walkers catch us."

the boy stares down Sam who lets out a small laugh at the other boy's joke and nudges him.

"I don't plan to be dinner that's for sure. maybe this place really is salvation."

"maybe." the other boy nods his head thinking over what they talked about and crumbles up the piece of paper throwing it into the flames. Sam stares it down silently eyeing the spraypainted X on the picture and shifts his eyes to the ground.

"We are moving boys-" Dominick stares down sam.

"Jaxon?" Sam stares up nodding to him

"I'm fine..."

"you're from around here, right? anything we should know?"

"if a walker starts talking to you. don't talk back..."

Dominick starts laughing as he looks at Jaxon's serious face and asks.

"That was a joke, right?"

Sam glances up to the man and shrugs.

"my brother told me that once..."

"didn't know you had a brother-"

"I don't, not anymore." Sam gets up and motions to the rest of the group.