Before Flashback Mason Part Three

Mason opens the door to his condo and steps in. he glances around form room to room as he moves between the rooms of his condo. he stops coming to the main bedroom and motions to Lexi.

 "get the food form the kitchen pile in bags as much as you can carry." Lexi leaves and mason goes into the closet and pulls out a small combination box. he types in combination and pens the box noticing the gun is missing. he scratches his head but hears a loud bang and steps out into the hall, he slowly makes his way down the hallway and stops seeing the gun pointed his way. beck lowers the gun and whispers.

"mason?"

she lunges forward into his hold but her glances to his left and eyes Lexi laying there bleeding. he pushes beck away and asks.

"what happened?"

"I, I just came in and she was taking the food-"

"because I asked her too, beck..." beck places the gun down and mason takes it putting it deep into his pocket. he turns his head and stares down Lexi as he comments.

"We need to get her to the hospital."

"But I, I shot her..." beck shakes her head as she whispers.

"mason, I shot her-"

"no you didn't." mason lies and glances to beck as he comments.

"a random intruder shot her. we never saw him before."

"but that's a lie-"

"yes, but one that will keep you out of jail..." mason motions to beck lying to her.

"go wait in the car I will call an ambulance."

beck stands there and mason motions to her.

"go!" beck walks out and gets into the car sitting there nervously. she soon sees mason come out and he places some stuff in his trunk, closes it over and gets into the driver seat pulling out. beck remains quiet but then asks.

"what happened?"

"they said they were on their way-"

"really?"

"yes..." beck hears some sirens in the distance and clams her worry as mason reaches out gripping her hand with a small smile.

"told you." he reaches down kissing her hand and beck motions to the ring on her finger.

"I never took it off."

Mason nods hi head and beck asks sounding concerned.

"where are we going?"

"my father's estate it is just outside DC 

"It has been crazy the last few weeks people flooding the hospital, people stealing food..." she turns eyeing mason grip the wheel and she reaches for the radio but mason motions to it.

"don't beck, you don't want to know."

she drops her hand looking out the window and eyes the people on the side of the road and speaks up.

"they look like they need help."

mason presses the gas driving pass the people and she turns to him asking.

"you won't help?"

"not our problem" he turns the car into a gas station and motions to her.

"lock the door and stay inside." he walks into the gas station and comes out quickly placing the gas pump into the car waiting for it to fill. he feels his gun at his side and hears a person.