26

beck feels Konnor roll off of her and takes a deep breath feeling her body relax as konnor whispers.

"you okay?" she takes a deep breath in and nods her head.

"fine."

"you know you never talk about it. what it was like before." konnor says as he takes a deep breath and beck rolls to her side thinking of mason as she states lying.

"wasn't much before."

"you said you were engaged?"

"was a long time ago." beck gets up pulling on her boots and hears Konnor.

"what was he like?"

"konnor when we started messing around I told you two things. one we never talk about before and two we never get serious." she turns her head and leans over kissing his lips as she motions to him.

"don't break my rules." she gets up fixing her hair and konnor rolls to his side staring her down.

"look I know we are just having fun but it has been a few years. I think I should know a little more about you besides which way you like to screw"

"and see I don't think you need to." beck turns her head and konnor lays back on the bed as he asks.

"Why are you so closed off?"

"probably the same reason you are. it works. so let's not mess this up." she leans down kissing him and motions out of the room.

"can you get out of my room now."

"really just like that?"

"yep." she motions with her eyes and konnor rolls off the bed fixing his pants as he motions to her.

"Same time tomorrow."

"maybe..."

"you are such a cold bitch you know that?" Konnor turns his head and she motions out and he leaves her there. she turns her head staring into the mirror and turns away, leaving the room she walks out into the open of the community but stops hearing a voice.

"beck?" she turns eyeing the teenage girl and stands there still and the girl runs p hugging her tightly as she stays there silently knowing who the girl is. she girl steps back and motions to her smiling.

"where's Mason?"

"how'd you get here?" beck asks sounding concerned and the girl shrugs her shoulders.

"We were bussed over from the estate. I assume mason."

"we?" beck asks and the girl nods her head sure of her words.

"a few of the kids. the teenagers mostly. the younger ones though they were left at the estate during the fire." 

the girl looks tot he ground worried and beck nods her head to the girl.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"We were lucky. mason, he always looks out for us, his kids." the girl smiles wide and beck turns her head as she comments.

"you aren't mason's kid. your just a kid he found and god knows what he has been putting in your head, Sadie..." beck elans down and stares he girl over as she states.

"Whatever he has done or he has taught you people are important"

"you think mason is teaching us bad stuff?" Sadie asks sounding upset and stares down beck as she asks.

"do you not believe in him?"

"his heart may be in the right place Sadie but mason's mind he isn't okay."