7 | bad feeling

chapter seven
BAD FEELING
"it's only love, it's only pain, it's only fear,
that run through my veins."

Evelynn tried to pry her eyes open, but they felt like they were glued shut

Evelynn tried to pry her eyes open, but they felt like they were glued shut. They were swollen and crusted from endlessly crying in the night.

She grimaced as she sat up to rub her eyes, and as she did she felt a weight fall off her stomach.

She turned her head, noticing it was someone's ark. She smiled softly when she saw Jasper starting to stir awake. He stayed with her.

"Hey, sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," she whispered to him when his tired eyes locked with her.

He yawned, propping himself up on his elbows, "Don't worry about it."

Evelynn glanced around the room realizing everyone else was starting to wake up too.

She swung her legs over the side of the bed, the cold floor tickling her bare toes. She closed her eyes, trying to forget the nightmare she had.

She felt Jasper grab her shoulder from behind, "You okay, Lynnie?"

"Yeah," she sighed, turning to him, "Just shaken up from—well, everything."

Jasper exhaled with a small laugh in agreement.

She tilted her head at him, "And Jasp, thank you for staying with me."

He just grinned in response. She breathed deeply, returning the smile.

As she turned her head, she saw Maya standing outside the dorm, looking around.

Evelynn gave her a wave and then nudged Jasper, "Hey, I think your girlfriend is looking for you."

Jasper's face flushed, "Who? What? Maya? She's not my—"

"I know, idiot." She laughed, pushing him off the bed, "Just go get dressed and go get her."

"You sure you're okay? If you still need me—"

She cut him off with a smirk, "I'll see you later."

Jasper smiled brightly, giving Evelynn a quick side hug before running off.

Evelynn chuckled softly watching him scramble to get ready to meet Maya.

She turned her attention to where Clarke usually slept, but she wasn't there.