Chapter 5: Danger

{Optimus Point of View}

The warm afternoon breeze is blowing, the birds are chirping, and I am still trying to grasp why Emma called me Batman. I watch her bedroom window, thinking she may check in to see if I'm here or not, but I don't see anything. She must be alright. That's when I see the groundbridge open up in her room. Part of me panics, and part of me thinks Ratchet might have sent it. But why? I hear a tiny scream, which became muffled after two seconds, and the groundbridge closed. Now I'm panicking. I transform and carefully walk over to her window, fretting about everything I step on because it either looks expensive or important, and when I reach her window she's not in her room. Her dog was, though. It was bouncing in circles whimpering and barking, but I could tell it wasn't afraid of me, it was afraid of something else. The terrified look in her eyes tells me something is wrong. I put my servo up to the window, and she jumps out the window and into my servo, whimpering and barking hysterically. Get back to base. I transform into vehicle mode, the dog landing in the back seat,  and sped towards base.

"Oh no..." Ratchet shakes his helm. "The Decepticons must have opened a groundbridge in her room..."

"You mean she's been kidnapped?!" Miko exclaims worriedly, gripping the railing tightly. "Why do the Decepticons want her so bad anyway?"

Ratchet turns to face her, "Emma is no ordinary Techno Organic, she... has a power that she does not yet know how to use or that it's even there, and it stands to reason that the Decepticons want to use it as weapon. Her strength... could turn the tables on the war. If she joins the Decepticons and fights for them, well..." He trails off, his optics closing for a second.

"She wouldn't join the Decepticons! Right?" Miko seems a bit unsure.

Ratchet is right... We cannot allow the Decepticons to get a hold of her power... What ever it might be, for all Ratchet's research was anonymous, so we haven't a clue what Emma is capable of.