Chapter 11: A Little More Of That

"Easy, Optimus. Don't strain yourself." Ratchet says gently to Optimus, but despite the fact that he is talking to his leader, he's more along the lines of scolding him. Optimus was now standing,  attempting to walk with his wounded leg... Eh. It was more of stumbling and limping.

"Optimus, please!" The medic frets as Optimus takes another step forward and nearly falls over.

"Dude, listen to Doctor Who. Your like, about to fall on your face!" I call over the railing, watching as Optimus continues to stumble.

Almighty Prime doesn't say anything, but I can tell his leg hurts, because he's gritting his teeth and his optics are narrow.

"Optimus!" Ratchet scolds again, his voice stern but clearly concerned for Optimus.

Still nothing from the Prime.

"Optimus, please! Your scaring me! Just... lay back down please?!" He begs, and finally Optimus sighs and reluctantly allows Ratchet to help him to the medical bay.

"Optimus really took a hit." Miko mutters, coming over to stand beside me at the railing. Not that I can move-- Saidy is sleeping on my feet.

"Yeah. Worse than Ratchet's gash. Did you see that? Man that scar is gonna make him look like a gladiator." I nod, still watching the bots. Somewhere in the Back, maybe down the hall or something, I can hear Arcee scolding Bulkhead for breaking something. Where's Bumblebee?

"Hey, Raf, pass me one of those sodas!" Miko suddenly says, turning away and walking off.

"Hey Em! Doctor Pepper or Pepsi?" Jack asks, waving two bottles around.

"Got any Cherry Pepsi?" I try to turn around, but Saidy is holding my feet down, and snoring loudly.

"You bet!" He tosses the tottle to me, which I catch, tug free of my lazy dog, and walk over to join them.

"Beep beep beep beep beep!"

"Ratchet, your computer's dying or something!!!" I yell.

"Energon spike. Maybe a mine..." Doctor Who himself says, reaching the computer in like, zero seconds. "Clearly a reasonable amount. Should we reach it before the Decepticons, well, that will cover any shortage of energon we have any time soon."

Optimus nods as Bulkhead and Arcee come into the room.

"So, going out to seize some Energon?" Bulkhead asks, pounding his fists together.

"You Arcee and Bumblebee are..." Ratchet trails off, glancing down at Optimus. "Optimus, I'd be a traitor if I allowed you to leave the base in your condition."

"Understood. Start the ground bridge." He solemnly says, his optics flickering down at his wounded leg for a second.

"Can I come!?" Miko shouts.

"Uh, let me think about it.... NO." Ratchet says out flat, a hint of humor in his voice, it's nice to hear him joke.

The groundbridge starts up, and Bee, Bulkhead and Arcee left for the energon mine. Bye guys!

I look over at Ratchet, who's now checking Optimus's leg and telling him that he should be back on duty in good time.

"You know how much you scared me Ratchet?" I smile, pretty sure my eyes flashed. "I thought Megatron really stabbed you."

You'd expect Optimus to stay quiet, but he doesn't. He looks up at Ratchet and says, "I nearly had a spark attack, and I have never been happier than when you kicked him away."

Ratchet laughs. "Not leaving Team Prime yet, old friend."

"Better not." Optimus nods, a gentle smile on his face. Awww, friendship moment. Better not ruin it.

I turn and walk away, Saidy is sleeping on the couch while Miko, Jack and Raf are on the floor fiddling with something. As I near them, I see it's a little electronic car, and Raf has the controller. Lousy paint job, I think to myself, the car is olive green with a white racing stripe. Not the best color combination if you ask me.

"Raf, you gonna take it for a spin?" My question comes with a daring smile.

"Once Bumblebee gets back." He shrugs, and continues doing whatever he's doing.

"You know, I called a Decepticon Richard." I can't help but say, and immediately we're all laughing.

"Scrap!" Hey, no cursing Ratchet! What would your mother say?!

"What's wrong?" Jack asks, his raven hair doesn't really look like a raven, or any type of bird at all...

"They need help." Ratchet replies, his optics locked on the computer screen. "And... the only one who can offer backup is me, but they're severely outnumbered. One more bot won't make a difference..." He thought for a second, then turned to Optimus and says, "Think you can handle the groundbridge?"

Optimus's optics are full of worry. "Ratchet, they need reinforcement. I will accompany you."

"No, you won't." Ratchet shakes his head and retorts. "No questions asked."

Idea!!!! I turn to Miko. "Miko, make me mad."

"Uh......." She thinks for a second, her brows furrowed, then lights up with an idea. "Well... I... was chewing some gum, and it fell out and got in Saidy's fur, and I had to cut it out, so there's a little bald spot on her back..."

What? Oh hell no Miko! I wanted to pound her into a pulp, but I knew I had to get off the railing. I spun and took off running for the railing, and jumped it easily. The metallic humming was ringing in my ears, and all I hoped for was that I would transform before hitting the ground. The humming got louder and louder, then finally, my feet hit the ground, and I landed as a huge, metal beast, optics glowing, and nostrils flaring.