Chapter 24: ...Help Me PLEASE?!

Ratchet's POV:

"Found an energon signal." I say to Optimus as the computer flashes the coordinates of the deposit in bright colors.

Vess walks into the base just as Optimus opens his mouth to say something.

"Hooonneeey I'm Hoooommmee!" She calls... winking at me... "And scouting for energon sounds like fun. Whaddya say, Doctor?"

"Umm..." I send Optimus a glance, but he looks away, so I assume he doesn't know how to help in this particular situation. "...... Alright. "

Optimus pulls the lever on the groundbridge and it starts up.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"So, Handsome, did you have a sparkmate back on Cybertron?" Vess asks, and my body immediately stiffens when she calls me 'handsome'.

"No." Short and anti social responses sometimes make femmes stop talking to you... Maybe It'll work.

"Well... Have you ever considered having one?" She walks in front of me and puts her hands on my lower shoulders, just above the chest. Don't touch me...

I back away... Primus she's persistent. She takes a large step and gets close... Too close for comfort, her chest almost touching mine. I shift uncomfortably, just wanting to run and hide behind Optimus, and she leans in even closer.

"No." Stop touching me!!!

"Perhaps you should consider." She whispers, and that set me off. I step sideways and away from her and continue scouting.

"Playing hard to get?" Vess teases.

"No, playing anti social bot who doesn't need a sparkmate right now. Wanna play?" That retort would have made Emma laugh.

I feel hands on my shoulders again and I stop dead, just wanting this femme to quit touching me.

"Darling, quit running." Vess whispers in my audio receptor.

"Stalker, quit touching me." My voice is nervous and scared, I can tell.

She was about to say something else, but that's when we both see Laserbeak, The Decepticon Soundwave's pet. It circles around above us and takes off North... It was spying on us!

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Megatron's POV:

"Vess is genius!" Knockout laughs, watching the footage.

I nod. It is quite wise, make yourself the innocent one by getting close to the target. Ratchet doesn't seem to be falling for her, though.

"Lord Megatron, if Vess becomes a traitor..." Starscream trials off, looking a bit worried. "I mean, if she develops true feelings and betrays us, the Decepticon knowledge will be in Autobot servos."

"We must trust that she will get the job done, she and Alto." I reply.