Chapter 21: Alto and Vess

Emma's POV

Saidy snuggles in close to me when I sit on the couch, her golden fur soft and warm. The scrap I've been through today.

"Primus!" Everence suddenly gasps, she's looking at the computer screen when something pops up. No idea where Ratchet is.

"What?" Bulkhead asks.

"An Autobot escape pod just crash landed in the Redwood forest in California!" She replies, looking at Optimus. "Reinforcements, perhaps?"

Optimus nods and comes to her side. "Arcee, Bulkhead-"

"Aaaannnnd Everence?" The femme interrupts him, tilting her head with innocence and an 'I wanna go too' look in her optics.

"...And Everence." Ooooh, affective trick, Everence.

The bots left the base and the groundbridge closed behind them, oh, and NOW Ratchet comes in the room, looking very confused.

"Where'd they go?" He asks, then the screen answers his question when he sees the news of the escape pod or whatever.

"New Autobots. Cool." I say to Jack and Raf-- Miko is out clothes shopping with her post parents, not her choice, their's.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Ratchet, we need a bridge pretty pretty please." Everence says over the com link, I can hear a couple voices in the background.

"Got it." Ratchet pulls the little lever thingie and the bridge starts up, Everence and Bulkhead is first through, then Arcee, then... Two random and strange bots... then Everence and Optimus.

The two bots don't look like the Autobot type-- the femme has gleaming red optics, a black paint job with red detailing and a frightening grey streaks down her face, and dark blue jet wings,  and the mech has a shiny, dark, dangerous red paint job with dark dark dark purple and grey detailing. The recruits from hell.

"Uh... Emma, Jack, Rafael..." Everence walks over to us, constantly sending suspicious glances at the two bots. "This is Vess and Alto."

The femme, Vess, looks like she got away with murder, and Alto has such a scary look in his optics that when you pass him, you make a large circle around him, then you run and hide in the corner. Overall they look like they escaped Prison.

"Uh... Hi." Jack nervously waves, Vess nods, but Alto doesn't even acknowledge it, just glances at him and turns away.

"So... What, are you like, Wreckers, Seekers, Commanders or what?" I stand up and walk over to the railing, and that's when I see it. That cold glare in Vess's optics while she stares at Ratchet. It's like she wants to rip out his throat and dance on his dead body... Something about Vess and Alto tells me that a storm is coming,  and it's gonna rain hard.