Chapter 12: What Are You Thinking?!

"Emma!" Ratchet gasps, backing into his computer in suprise, "What are you doing?"

"They need backup don't they? Well here I am!!!" I reply, taking a small glance back at my lashing tail. I have a tail. Hmm.

"Emma, I don't speak giant metal beast, I can't understand you." He shakes his head and sighs, probably noticing that conversation was gonna be hard.

"Hey! I'm not a beast!" My voice comes out in a thundering roar that even made Optimus slightly flinch, and THAT'S an achievement. "I'm a... a big boned Cybertronian reptile.... okay I'm a beast, just start up the groundbridge."

"I... can't understand you." Ratchet glances down at Optimus, who looks just as confused as him.

"Start... The... Groundbridge..." Hoping it will help to say it slowly, but it doesn't, cuz Ratchet is now facepalming and looking at Optimus for help, who isn't gonna be much help when he's just as confused as Doctor Doom.

Hmmmmm. I need a way to communicate... Maybe... Nope... Uh uh... Heck no.... GOT IT! Wait no.... YEP!!!

I turn and focus on Optimus, staring straight into his bright blue optics, and relax, trying to perhaps find a mind way link into his thoughts. I saw it on TV once, when really focused on someone's eyes, you can hear eachother's thoughts. Maybe this'll work.

I can't hear anything, which I take as a failure, because I should hear his thoughts. I was about to give up when I heard, "Emma?"

"Optimus!!! Cool you can hear me."

"Yes... should I be concerned about that factor?"

"No, just tell Doc to fire up the groundbridge."

His optics show resistance, and he sighs. "Emma..."

"Come on now!"

With another sigh, he turns to Ratchet, who had been looking at us like we were crazy,  and says, "Emma wants you to start up the groundbridge."

"WHAT?!" There it is. That word people say when they think your crazy. "I am NOT sending a child into war!"

"Child? Come on in this state I can throw you around like a ragdoll!" I hiss angrily, my tail automatically lashing threateningly.

"Emma, it's too dangerous." Ratchet says to me, his voice surprisingly calm after what he was just yelling.

I roar, loudly, and it makes Ratchet flinch. I nearly flinch myself, my voice is crazy scary. Even Optimus flinches, very slightly.

"Emma..." He begins.

Not wanting to sound to threatening, I let out a throaty growl that shook the ground.

Ratchet stares at me, his optics were surrendering, and he sighs. "Very well."

The groundbridge started up, and off I went.

"Gah!" A slender decepticon with red and grey detailing gasps and jumps back fearfully as I burst into the clearing.

"Starscream!" I hear Ratchet growl from behind me. He came?!

I see three Cons beating on Bumblebee, and charge with a load roar. Next thing I know, there are two vehicons in my jaws being shaken like chew toys. Mwahahahaha! Bumblebee strikes down the last one and stares at me as I drop the vehicons and they run for dear life.

::Emma?:: He beeps, and I'm suprised I can understand him.

I nod and roar at five vehicons that were running towards us, and they all skid to a stop in front of me, shaking with fear. I roar again, and their running away at top speed. Wimps.

::You got a voice, Emma.:: Bee laughs and runs off to help Arcee.

"Gah!" I turn and see Ratchet pretty much get picked up and thrown by... Hello, Bucket Head.