Chapter 17: Free Fall

Emma's POV

"Optimus...." I send the Prime a nervous glance as the ground makes a crackling sound.

"Run." He says, and we both take off running the way we came as the ground gives way beneath our heels. I let out a roar as I nearly fall, the scent of death already in the air. My nostrils flare. I hate the scent. Realizing we weren't gonna make it outta here at this rate, given Optimus can't exactly run at full speed with his past wounded leg, I slow down enough to get right behind him. I duck my head in between his legs and toss him up onto my back, and zoooom! See ya suckers! I didn't realize I was this fast in my beast mode! Optimus seems a bit surprised and grabs my  shoulders for leverage, and I roar again. I love my roar.

"Ratchet we need a groundbridge!" He says calmly, and I realize the ground beneath my heels is giving way, and I can't keep up with it. The scent of death is stronger than ever when I felt my feet give way as we begin to fall. Scrap!

The air is whistling in my audio receptors as we hurtle downward, into a dark canyon. This is it. We're dead. I think as I feel Optimus tighten his grip for more leverage. There's a flash of light, and we're falling through a groundbridge that opens up directly beneath us. We come through and land in a dark corridor, I land first, then Optimus on top of me, then... Knockout lands on top of him and me.

"Gah! AUTOBOTS?!" He cries, scrambling off of Optimus and stepping on my face on the way down. Ouch! I let out a low growl and he jumps back and right into a tall dark figure. Megatron.

"Optimus Prime." He growls, and sends Knockout a questioning look.

"Optimus we've been abducted." I say, but it comes out in a snarl... I'm one cool T-Rex.

Optimus climbs off of me, and I rise to my feet.

"Gah! What are Autobots doing on the Nemisis?!" Starscream yelps from behind Megatron.

"You tell me, Starscream." Megatron sends him a cold, dark glare with his gleaming red optics, then turns back to us. They didn't mean to bring us here?

"Uh, well, we umm.." Screamie sputters, catching sight of me. His wings slightly quiver and he takes a step back. "Knockout was in free fall, so we opened up a groundbridge beneath him, and well... They fell through too." Huh.

Megatron narrows his optics with hate. More than hate... Fury, death... He gives me the creeps.  "Send in the insecticons, and once they are seized, take them to the brig."

"Eeeeexxccuusse me?" My nostrils flare and I lash my tail. Try and seize this!

The.... Insecticons came crawling on the fragging ceiling. How the hell do they do that?!

"Hey can you teach me how do that?!" I call, but duh, all they hear is 'Grrrrrr!'.

One of them comes up in front of me, and OH MY SWEET CHOCOLATE your ugly. What is wrong with your face, dude?? Like, 20 more insecticons start pouring on top of me, ripping at my flanks and back with sharp claws, and dangit there's only like three on Optimus! I have fragging, OPTIMUS HELP! TOO MANY UGLY FACES TRYING TO KILL ME!!!

I feel my feet give way and realize two had been tearing at my legs. I slam on the ground with a loud boom, and I hear Optimus be slammed to the ground too with a cry. Scrap!