Chapter 14: Reunited

The gash along my flank aches and stings as I stride into base, the ground shaking with my every step.

"Emma let me look at your wound." Ratchet says as the groundbridge closes behind us, and he instructs me to lay down. He gets on his knees in the curve of my stomach and starts fixing the wound with his flare-thingie. It sorta burns, but it's less than bearable. I can't speak, so in thanks I turn my head and rub his leg with my muzzle. Ratchet seems to get the message and strokes my head. Heeeey don't stop that feels good!

"Everence?" Optimus suddenly murmurs, his optics full of shock as he gazes at the pretty blue femme that returned with us.

"So, who busted up your leg? Didn't see ya on the battle field today." She tilts her head and crosses her arms in response. "And, speaking of the battle field, where did you pick up the predacon? It beat the living spark out of Bucket Head."

I turn my head to look at Optimus, who's still sitting on the medical bay, and when he looks at me, I kinda felt that 'Act Innocent' feeling and wag my tail.

"Thud thud thud!" It takes me a couple of seconds to realize my tail is thumping against Ratchet, and he's glaring at me.

"Too canine-like?"  I rest my head and still my tail. I wonder how weird it looks when a T rex  wags it's tail...

"She's a techno organic,  and that is like, her rage mode." Miko calls from the platform.

"And... what is that repulsive creature?" Everence blinks and looks back at Optimus.

Ratchet laughs quietly, and I turn my head and gently bite his calf, not a bite, just a tiny little nip,  to say, Hey! He rolls his optics and shoves my huge muzzle away. Jerk!

"A human, the life form that inhabits this planet." Optimus replies, ignoring the silent bickering between Ratchet and I.

"Hmm. Hey... Where's Overdrive?" Everence nods and looks around, her optics searching. Overdrive?

I feel Ratchet tense, and his optics fill with grief and pain. Same with Optimus, and the big boy looks at Ratchet, almost asking for help.

"O...Overdrive is dead." Ratchet sighs, getting up and walking to his computer.

"What?!" Her voice filled with pain, she gasps.

Optimus squeezes his optice shut, and I can almost feel the sadness wafting off of him. Who's Overdrive?