Chapter 15: Pain

Ratchet's POV:

The grief that grasps my spark hurts, and it pains me to tell Everence that the young femme was dead, but I did tell her, because the look Optimus sent me tells me he couldn't. Back on Cybertron, after Optimus became a Prime, it was just the three of us for a period of time. Just Optimus, Overdrive,  and me, taking shelter from the Decepticons and fighting for our cause. She was young and inexperienced, but she was a friend.

I stand in front of the computer and beside Optimus, and out of earshot when I whisper, "Optimus, I miss her coming into base everyday and calling us ladies."

Optimus opens his optics, which were closed, and slightly smiles. He whispers, "Remember her mimicking us behind our backs?"

That makes me smile. "And pulling the two of us into a group hug and calling us her boys..." I miss that. Sometimes I was annoyed, having to watch out when your walking because she might jump out and grab your shoulders, or walk in and say, "Hey ladies," but now, I want it back. I know Optimus does too. Now all we can do is grieve.

Emma's POV:

Mmmkay I'm tired of this I wanna know who Overdrive is. I try to remember what Ratchet said the first time I transformed,  clear my mind and calm myself. Ack!!!! There's that ringing again!

"Woah that's cool." Everence mutters, staring at me in my human form.

"Who's Overdrive?" I ask, then I realize Optimus and Ratchet had been whispering to each other. Hmmmm...

"Umm...  A friend." Is all I get from Everence. I wanna know!!! But I don't pester about it, because the look of pain in her optics.

"Optimus, we gotta take Emma places more." Bulkhead walks over to the Prime and says. "You should have seen her bust up Megatron!"

"You busted up Megatron? " Raf says in disbelief.

"Shook him like a ragdoll." I wink, a dangerous smile on my face. I had a lot of fun putting that gash in his shoulder; spoiled his good looks that's for sure. Meh, not really good looks, just... ugliness. Wacked with the ugly stick, baby!

Everence laughs, then walks over to stand beside Optimus. He greets her warmly, I can tell they are friends, but I still see grief in his optics. And one more emotion... I just can't place it.