Chapter 26: A Time Later

Emma's POV:  *One Month Later*

Optimus and Ratchet come out of the hallway, where the Prime had dragged his medic to have a little private discussion, no idea what that was about, but whatever. Malachite greets them as they come in, and Everence drives in as well, transforming and grumbling about how much she hates Alto.

"Alto is ignorant and can't be trusted!" She spats, kicking the wall of the base angrily.

"Oh, Ratchet," Vess puts her hand on his shoulder and scoots close to him,  "wanna go scouting for energon?"

Ratchet glances at Malachite nervously and shakes his helm. "Uh, no thanks. Malachite, would you like to check the computer for Decepticon activity?" He asks the green femme, turning away from Vess, who looks ready to escape with murder.

"Optimus, Alto 'accidentally' knocked me out of the way right when I tried to shoot Laserbeak down! We could have gotten access too the Decepticons, but he shoved me so I missed!" Everence complains loudly to Optimus.

Malachite and Ratchet walk over to his computer as Optimus says something to Everence quietly.

"I will rip her hide off and give it to Megatron if she messes up my plans..." I hear Vess mutter as she turns away and stalks off. Plans?

Ratchet's POV:

"Wow, all those codes must be hard to memorize. It's really impressive what you can do and what you know with the technology." Malachite says as I type on the computer, her compliment making my optics drift from the flashing codes and numbers to her.

"Oh, thanks." That's the first time a femme has complimented me, except for Vess, but she scares me, and it catches me off guard.

She giggles, and I realize I'm blushing and quickly look back at the screen. Scrap it all, Ratchet, get a hold of yourself!

The numbers are flashing, nothing I've never worked with before, then Malachite asks, "Can you teach me how you work with coordinates and codes?"

Thought you'd never ask! No, wait, don't actually say that Ratchet. "Sure!"

Vess's POV:

I've tried every move with Ratchet, but he isn't falling For it at all. Fragging... But he seems so... bright around Malachite. How does he go for her and not me?! What does she have that I don't?!

"Vess, I think it's time." Alto says to me.

I nod. It's time to end Ratchet, and end the Prime. No one knows how long I've waited to rip out Ratchet's sorry little spark.