Chapter 5: Going Home

"Black Rain!" Kari's head shot up in horror at the attack coming towards her.

"Kari!" She heard his voice so clearly but was in too much shock to move. Then the next thing she knew he was in front of her.

"Tk..." She whispered then the realization hit her. "TK! TK!"

"TK!" Kari screamed shooting up from her bed. Then she broke down and started to cry. Emily was staring at her horrified.

"Kari! What's wrong are you okay? Kari stop crying!" Emily paniced shaking her roommate.

"It was all my stupid fault." Kari cried.

"What's your fault?" Her friend asked her sincerely worried.

Kari looked at her and felt even worse. She couldn't even talk to her own friends about it. She had been dreaming about Tk and the rest of the digidestined since she had seen him the week before but it just seemed like they were getting worse. She started to cry louder.

"Kari you're scaring me!" Emily said. "Who's Tk? What's going on?"

Kari pulled herself together for the most part. "Don't worry about it." She sniffled. "It was just a bad dream. I'm sorry. What time is it?" She turned to the clock to see it was 7 am.

Emily's face didn't turn any less concerend as she looked at her friend cautiously. "Kari don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Change the subject when it's obvious you're upset. You just woke up screaming some guy's name for goodness sake!"

Kari eyed the picture on her nightstand and Emily picked up on it.

"Is that him?" She asked picking up the picture and sitting next to Kari. "You guys are so young. Why did you scream his name?"

"I don't want to talk about it..." Kari said softly turning her head away. "It was just a bad dream."

"Okay..." Emily said putting the picture back in its place. "If you need to talk you know I'm here though."

"I know." Kari said putting on a fake smile for her friend.

Emily still had an uneasy look on her face but sighed and got back up continuing to pack her bag as she was doing before Kari had woke up screaming.

"What time does your train leave?" Kari asked remembering they were leaving to go home today and feeling a huge sigh of relief at the fact that she would see Tai soon and be able to tell him everything that had happened. She hadn't really had the chance since she couldn't really talk about the digital world over the phone with her brother.

"Nine and shut up I know I should have packed last night but there was a One Tree Hill marathon on and I KNOW I've seen all the episodes like a million times before but you really can't get the full effect unless you watch them back to back."

Kari rolled her eyes but felt herself smile which she needed considering she had just been crying.

"Anything you'd like to add?" Emily asked as she tried to stuff some wrapped Christmas presents into her suitcase.