Chapter 13: Another Bites the Dust...so to Speak

Matt felt a wave of dizziness crash over him instantly as time came swirling back around him. He fell to the ground in shock still shaking from the experience.

He apparently wasn't the only one as he looked around at the other digidestined who were also sitting on the ground looking utterly stunned. "What the hell was that?" He breathed.

"A ticket to a massive headache." Yolie declared annoyed while she rubbed her head.

"It looks to me like he stopped time then just turned it back on." Izzy said getting to his feet.

"What makes you think that?" Davis asked looking up at the red head.

"Well Tk's gone, as is Phantomon, and I don't know about you but they were both here the last time I was conscious.

Matt's head spun to where Tk had been lying only moments earlier. His brother was gone, dead. And now his body was gone too. "Why'd they even take him?" He spoke sharply.

"This is pretty disturbing to say but probably for evidence…" Joe said softly. "He knew we wouldn't let him take Tk so he froze time long enough to make his escape."

"I don't understand." Patamon said with a concerned look on his face. "Where's Tk? Why was he passed out like that?"

Sora picked up Patamon and looked at him sadly. "Patamon something bad happened…really bad…"

Patamon looked up at her concerned.

"Tk's…Patamon Tk's dead…" Davis whispered slowly and watched as Matt cringed at those words.

"But that just means he's in Primary Village. We can go and…" Patamon began but Sora cut him off.

"It doesn't work like that for humans Patamon..." Sora shook her head as she spoke. "He's not coming back. I'm sorry…" She could barely say the words but managed to force them out to the digimon. She could feel her eyes filling with tears at the reality.

They heard a smash and turned to see Matt had punched into one of Genni's windows. He sat down on the ground and covered his face with his arms and holding his head with his bloody hair.

"What now?" Mimi managed to croak out to her boyfriend who was holding her softly.

"For the first time…I don't know." Izzy said standing there in shock from what had just happened.

….

"Child of hope." The Master spoke walking down from his throne. "We have been waiting for you."

"How can I serve you, Master?" Tk spoke trance-like.

The dark digimon smiled. "Already offering to help, what a good little servent."

Tk didn't respond just staring at his Master but looking as though he was staring into space.

"But there is a reason you are here. I need your help. I going to finally rule the digital world, like I should have done years ago, but there are some people trying to stop that from happening."

"They're fools." Tk said.

The smile returned. "I completely agree. Glad to know we're on the same page. Now I have to separate this 'Rebellion group' we'll call them. We've already begun but the next target is going to be more difficult because they will be expecting us."