Chapter 6: Bad Memories

"And that is...what exactly?" Tk asked Matt skeptically. The older blonde had brought home a christmas tree that looked like it came right out of 'A Charlie Brown Christmas'.

"It's a Christmas tree!" Matt exclaimed offended.

"Where's the rest of it?" Tk asked observing the 3 1/2 foot tree.

"Shut up it's a nice tree!" Matt said rolling his eyes at him. "You couldn't have done any better."

"I would have brought home the second half." Tk said shaking his head.

"Look I'm trying here. It's just you, me, and dad this year so he left me in charge of getting the tree and I personally think I did a fabulous job." Matt told him grabbing the box of ornaments and putting them on the end table next to Tk. Ms. Takaishi was in Paris visting her father for the holiday break and Tk wanted to stay with Matt and Mr. Ishida. "Now help me decorate it."

"Yeah yeah." Tk said taking an ornament out of the box. "Hey I remember making this." Tk said holding up a homemade snowman ornament. "I forgot I had given it to dad."

"You're given me crap about the tree I picked out when you gave dad an ornament that looks like a duck?"

"It's a snowman!"

"Then what's that orange thing?"

"He was a basketball playing snowman." Tk said like it was obvious. "I was a creative thinking child. Plus I was like ten when I made this where as you're twenty-one and picked out half of a Christmas tree."

"Whatever. But speaking of gifts we used to get dad, what are you getting him this year?" Matt asked hanging an elf playing guitar ornament on the small tree.

"I have no idea..." Tk said honestly.

"Let's pitch in a get him a gift together." Matt suggested.

"You can't think of anything either?"

"Nope." The older blonde responded adding more decoration the the tree. "Plus I don't have a ton of money so if we add ours together we could probably get him something decent."

"True." Tk said shrugging. "Mall after this?"

"Yeah I want to get it now before everything is sold out."

"Were the trees sold old?" Tk joked.

"I'm going to hit you, Tk."

...

"Tai wake up!" Kari yelled shaking her brother. "Seriously get out of bed!"

"What do you want?" Tai groaned annoyed with her.

"Can you go to the mall and get me a new phone charger?" Kari asked putting a sweet voice on.

"What? Why? Where's your other one?"

"In my drawer...at school..." Kari said.

"Ugh Kari..."

"Tai I can't go to the mall because the chances of running into one of the digidestined there are too high. I am totally cut off from civilization in this house and my phone is what keeps me in contact with people." Kari pleaded desperately.