Chapter 19: Digidestined vs. Digidestined

"LET ME OUT OF HERE!" Kari screamed pounding on the door with all of her strength. "I SWEAR I'LL SUE YOU!"

She sighed as the door remained locked and words remained unanswered. She turned her back facing the door and slid down to a sitting position. She covered her eyes with her hands.

"Why is this happening!" She whimpered. "I don't even know what you are! What do you want from me?"

She took a deep breath and looked up with her tear stricken eyes at the wall facing her. There were scratches all over the stone. She stood up and walked over to get a closer look.

The indents traced down in slashes all in rows of three, like claws had done this. She reached up and touched the marks with her hands. They reminded her of the scratches her cat, Miko, left on the walls when he was a kitten. These scratches had to be from a cat too.

"There used to be a cat trapped in this room." Kari said aloud to herself as she looked around at the walls surrounding her.

….

"Matt! Tai! Sora! Mimi! Davis!" Joe shouted waving his hand from Stingmon's shoulder.

"Hey it's Joe!" Davis said seeing his friend flying down towards them. "And Veemon!"

"And Yolie Ken and the rest of the digimon." Sora said relieved. "This is good we need everyone here so we can get Izzy and Tk back to normal."

Yolie sighed has Halsemon lowered her to the ground and she jumped off. "Bad news you can add Cody to that list. Myostismon got to him too."

"Damn it." Tai said throwing his hands up into his hair, "This is getting ridiculous!"

They stood in silence for a moment until Davis spoke up.

"So what now? We wait until Izzy, Tk, or Cody comes along and get attacked?"

"No that won't work." Matt said speaking up. "We don't know how to snap them out of their trances and we obviously don't want to really fight them."

"So what, there's nothing we can do?" Davis asked helplessly.

"Izzy said there's a solution to every problem." Mimi said staring off into another direction.

They all turned and looked at her, which caused her to turn and face them. "What?"

"She's right." Ken said thinking aloud and they turned their direction toward him. "It's like a math problem. Think of it this way x times 2 equals 10. The way to solve that problem would be to divided 2 from both sides…"

"Why are we having a math lesson?" Davis asked.

"Davis, shut up and let him finish!" Yolie snapped and turned and smiled at her boyfriend.

Ken smiled back and continued. "As I was saying, you'd divide 2 from both side and get x equals 5. But just because you got the solution didn't mean you had to know what x was in the beginning.."

"So what exactly are you saying?" Sora asked.

"Having everyone hypnotized was Myotismon's solution. But to have a solution there has to be other factors involved in it. One of those factors was the digidestined. But just that alone doesn't equal hypnotized evil digidestined, something else has to be added to it to make them that way."