Chapter 12: A Fatal Reunion or a Trick?

Kari cursed herself for never taking a sport or something to get her into shape when it came to running. She was already out of energy from fighting with the Bakemon earlier and traveling to Genni's in the first place but really this was the last thing she needed.

"Kari, wait!" She could hear his voice from behind almost sounding hurt and her heart sank. She struggled to sprint up the steps of Genni's homes entrance but all she managed to do was like Agumon trip and fall. Only she was lucky enough to trip up instead of down the stairs like the orange digimon.

She felt her knee sting. "You've got to be kidding me…" She whispered to herself seeing the blood on her knee. She was going to be covered in dirt and scratches by the end of this, heck she already was.

Kari felt herself go numb with warmth and nerves surge through her as two arms wrapped around her to help her up. "Kari…are you okay?"

'No'. Kari thought to herself. 'No this can't be happening; the minute he realizes Tk is in contact with me it'll be too late…'

"Kari?" She heard this time the small voice of her digimon beside her and could hear the footsteps of the other digidestined coming closer. This really was not her day.

She couldn't move though. She was frozen in fear, fear of their reactions, fear from being just plain nervous, but most of all fear for what was about to happen.

"Kari, will you please answer me?" Tk asked concern evident in his voice, but she wasn't even sure what he was saying to her. "Please your arm has dried up blood and now your knee is bleeding, the red is going throw your jeans."

Kari looked up at Tk for the first time her face pale looking as if she had seen a ghost. Tk was looking down at her with worry in his blue eyes. She wanted to smile, jump up and hug Tk, tell him how sorry she was for leaving, but she couldn't…this wasn't supposed to happen. This couldn't happen.

"Tk…" She managed to croak out her voice cracked on the verge of breaking.

He gave her a small smile. He seemed to be the only one not worried about this whole thing as Kari could see the panic on the other digidestineds faces behind him. She just looked at him with wide eyes back to being speechless.

"It's okay." He said reassuringly. "We know about the eternity bond thing. We know why you left." He looked down. "I know you did it to save me, Kari."

Kari shook her head disbelievingly. "A…re ….you stupid?" She managed to choke out. "If you knew about it then…then why would you follow me?" Her words were coming back to her as the whole scene was finally sinking in.

Tk gave her a slightly confused look. "I know there's some sort of bad thing that's going to happen because we saw each other but how bad can it really be? I mean what some digimon is going to appear and try to beat us? I don't think so."

Kari sighed frustrated, shaking her head. "You don't understand!" She shouted at him. "You should have stayed away! You have no idea what the real consequences are!"

Tk was slightly taken aback by her outburst but saw the clear panic on her face. "Listen I'm sure everything will be okay."

Tears were now starting to fall down her face as she looked up at the boy. The digidestined stayed silent all waiting for what was next. Kari ran her hand over her forehead thinking that this seriously couldn't be happening. "If it were as simple as defeating some digimon I wouldn't have left town, I wouldn't have ran away at the game when I saw you playing, I would have asked you guys for help."