Chapter 9: Alone

"For crying out loud I knew that girl was up to something!"

Davis and Tk turned out of their dream-like states and looked over at Ken confused. "Who Kari?" Tk asked still sitting on the edge of the girl's bed.

"No Yolie." Ken said scanning through a pile of pictures on Kari's desk. "She's been acting so strange since Tk's basketball game and now I know why."

"Well why?" Davis asked waiting for Ken's response but the boy was still shuffling through pictures.

"Look at this." Ken said taking one of the pictures and handing it to Tk and Davis.

The boys' faces froze as they looked at the picture. Tk looked up at Ken. "I'm in this picture..."

Ken nodded. "Yeah all these pictures are from the beginning of the basketball game, which means she probably didn't stick around. But this makes sense now because Yolie and Cody have been all secretive lately and now I know why. They saw her."

"And they didn't tell us!" Davis shouted in shock just as Kari's phone next to her bed started to ring.

The boys' jumped in surprise at that sound of the phone and stayed in silence as it rung and the answering machine finally came on.

"Hey this is Kari, sorry about missing your call but leave a message and I'll call you back."

"Kari..." Tk said smiling at the sound of the girl's voice he hadn't heard in so long.

"Shh" Davis responded listening as the message came on.

BEEP

"Hey Kari it's Kenzie. You weren't answering your cell and you said you had a private line at home I could call if I needed you so yeah I called this number. Okay so I'm having a boy problem. And DON'T say 'I knew you liked him!' and all the crap because I don't feel like hearing it...and don't say your the wrong person to talk to about guys because we've all seen that picture of the cute blonde boy on your nightstand so we know you have like a secret boyfriend. Anyway call me back when you get this because I don't want anyone else to know I like Kevin. Okay thanks. Love you bestie!"

BEEP

"She keeps a picture of me on her nightstand?" Tk asked smiling widely.

"Or Matt." Davis said snickering as Tk glared at him.

"Speaking of Matt we need to talk to him about what we found out." Ken said not in the mood to see the two boys start fighting. "He needs to know that something is clearly wrong because Kari obviously still cares about Tk and the rest of us. She's just like Tk over here, he keeps a picture of Kari in his wallet and she keeps one on her nightstand.."

Tk blushed at the comment but couldn't hide his happiness. "I knew after all those years of friendship she wouldn't just leave without a reason."

"Well dude...it's time to find out the reason." Davis said smiling himself.

...

"I'm never ging to finish medical school if the digital world keeps having all these problems..." Joe said sighing after Mimi, Izzy, and Matt told him and Sora what was going on with Genni's disappearence.