Chapter 22: A Brighter Future

The morning was cool as Kari left Yolie's to head to their old school. Yolie told her she'd round up the other digidestined to come with her but Kari felt it'd be best if she went alone on this one. She didn't want everyone to be around in case they were wrong about Genni's prediction about Gatomon and Patamon.

She entered the computer room of her old school and couldn't help but smile to herself. She had so many memories there with the other digidestined…with Tk. She hadn't spoken to him at all since the night before and she wasn't sure what they'd say when they did talk. Did he mean what he said before? Did he really love her? Especially after all these years of him thinking she just didn't care about him at all.

But she loved him without a doubt. Kari sighed wishing she had told him she loved him back last night. But there was no time for regrets right now. She held her digivice up to the computer and headed to primary village.

The village was just as she had remembered it. The little cradles were everywhere with the baby digimon inside of them. Then there were eggs filled around the ground. Kari sighed worrying she wouldn't even recognize which egg was Gatomon's.

She searched around until she saw an egg that her eyes locked on. It had pink polka dots and she got a weird but warm vibe from it. "That's her." She said allowed to no one in particular. "Gatomon." She walked over to the egg and picked it up hugging it to her chest.

"It's like déjà vu."

Kari jumped at his voice then turned quickly on her feet half relieved and half scared when she saw Tk facing her. "Tk!" She breathed nervously.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you." He said looking worried.

She shook her head quickly. "No…you didn't…I just didn't know anyone was here."

"Yeah Yolie said you wanted to come alone…sorry for intruding but I figured I'd come along anyway, plus I want to see Patamon." He said looking around for Patamon's digi egg.

"You're no intruding." Kari told him honestly. "It's not that I didn't want everyone here…it's just…"

"I get it." He said not making her finish. He walked closer to her and looked at the digi egg in her hand and smiled. "It was so many years ago but if feels like yesterday that we were here when we were only eight and you were holding that digi egg and we took a picture as a group."

Kari smiled. "It's weird how fast time goes by." She looked up at him. "But some things never change."

He nodded. "Some things don't." Then he smiled widely as he looked over her shoulder. "I found Patamon."

She smiled and turned to look in the egg with yellow stripes direction. Tk walked over and picked it up in his arms. He turned and smiled at her. "These things seemed so much heavier when we were younger."

Kari laughed. "Maybe you were just weak because I had no problem lifting them."

Tk gave her a fake hurt look. "Kari I'm insulted."

"You'll get over it." She joked laughing as he walked towards her.

"Someone's gotten sassy." He smirked.

"Just a little." She joked again walking over to a grassy patch away from all the other eggs and sitting down. She put Gatomon's digi egg beside her. Tk came over and sat next to her. For a moment he just stared at her and Kari felt herself blush but then he spoke.